Getch357 First Grow Journal

Never used one. Who makes it?

2 Likes

I have no idea about this system. Not sure how you could get info. Possibly Google or hopefully someone on forum may be familiar.

1 Like

ok so I googled it and found out it is a :GENERAL HYDROPONICS EURO GROWER, the pump i found also on google goes for$290 and here is a link for this: ive never used any hydro at all so im curious if anyone here has and what they think of this.

No clue. Havenā€™t done hydro. That sounds pricey for a water pump tho. Maybe @Happilyretired can help? ^^^^

1 Like

I had to remove link, sorry.

That is an awful lot of money to have plants stacked on top of each other. If I were looking at that, would go watch some YouTube videos about building my own system. You could run dwc in a large tote and end up with same plant layout for $100 or so. It is different process, but still hydroponic.

3 Likes

@peachfuzz is kinda the mad scientist with this stuff. I bet he could steer you in the right direction.

1 Like

oh Iā€™m sorry forgot no linksā€¦wasnā€™t thinking again apologiesā€¦but ya Iā€™ve been just kicking around the idea to see if its better or worse the pumps I just found some and they are way cheaper just have to see what size i would need and I really need to look into hydro to see if its easier and better results and with the new pump price i maybe able to get it all for around 125 so all in all not bad just need someoneā€™s brain to pick about how it all works how the nutes work etcā€¦so if anyone springs to mind here please tag them in :wink:

2 Likes

Hydroponics is very general term. There are several different types of systems. The one linked looks like an ebb & flow system. Myfriendis410 uses one. Bogleg built one little while back, but he doesnā€™t post here anymore. Itā€™s basically your solution sitting there in res until you flood the pots, then the solution drains back to the res. This cycle would repeat several times a day. Itā€™s not very difficult, but not where most start in Hydroponics.

I may be wrong, but seems like most start in deep water culture system, referred to as dwc. In this system you basically hand water or have a system to water plants until they have a roots that will fall into solution. Then the roots sit in solution all the time and there is no moving of water. You pretty much just pump a lot of air into water and keep the temperature proper.

There is also recirculating systems and nft that Iā€™m aware of. And multiple variations of each.

4 Likes

ya see this is what im looking for information about the types and how they work Iam going to google and you tube it till i have a better understanding of it all. I know there is a lot more to it and thats what i need to find out. Thank you for the info and i will continue on my quest for knowledge :wink: Thanks again

1 Like

For me thereā€™s a few down sides to growing hydro that Iā€™m just not ready to try it yet lol. The main upside for me would be faster growth.

Iā€™m not a big fan of those systemsā€¦
Lots of cleaning in between growsā€¦
Clay balls tend to get roots all through them and it makes it hard to clean themā€¦
Itā€™s an ebb & flow system that you postedā€¦
You would be better off with just some dwc buckets until you get things figured outā€¦
And as far as a pump goes , you just need a little pond pump , 20 bucks at lowesā€¦ :+1::wink:
These are the systems that I run in flowerā€¦

Sense I took this pic Iā€™ve changed a couple of thingsā€¦
Now itā€™s hooked up to an ro system so it self waters and I use one 1165 gph air pump with six 2 inch air stones per toteā€¦
Works like a charmā€¦
I only feed every 3 weeks , it basically does everything on its own and is super easy to clean after every runā€¦ :+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

6 Likes

Thank you for replying @peachfuzz . so this whole system i showed earlier I am picking up for less than $100. so I figured its cheap enough i can give it a try. but i would love to get some insight from you when u can. I KNOW ABSOLOUTELY NOTHING ABOUT HYDRO!! so im going to try to watch videos ive seen how to start them in rock wool and theers another type. so once started and put into the wool then u place that in the cups with the slits. then put the cup ontop of clay pellets do u have to fill in with any medium or does the cup just sit atop of the pellets? I have a thousand questions if u happen to know any good referance material it would be a big help. I guess what im trying to figure out is whether or not to use hydro or dirt to grow and which one provides better results. so any help would be greatly appreciated :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™m here if you need meā€¦
I only use the clay balls when starting new seeds , other than that I just clone and use neoprene collars to hold up plantsā€¦
Water only systemā€¦
Water and nutrients , nothing elseā€¦
Super simple and super easy to cleanā€¦
I use general hydroponics nutrients with a couple of other additives , but thatā€™s about itā€¦
My feed schedule is pretty basicā€¦
And it never changes nomatter the strain or anything elseā€¦
I laugh when ever I see someone saying that they are feeding their plantsā€¦
They just need basic nutrients during growth and at certain times they need a little more of this and a little less of thatā€¦
Nothing wrong with the system that you posted, itā€™s just alot to clean and maintainā€¦
Iā€™ve become a lazy growerā€¦ :grin::wink::smirk:

3 Likes

@peachfuzz hello so im asking you what maybe a stupid question but ive never used any of this equipment and need to ensure im doing this safely and correct. so as u know ive bought that piece of equipment for hydro. while i was buying i made friends with the owner and he is a long time grower. he passed along some extras because he says he is not going to be growing as much any more and does not want them to go to waste :+1: my score!! so he gave me a tube like carbine manoxide machine and all u do is plug it in so what im wondering is can i use a small 4" inline fan with ducting and just use the open end to suck up the carbine manoxide and push it into the tent? do i have to worry about this? is it safe? and does this give the plants a big needed boost? any info u can supply would be great here is a picture with whatever specs i could find

1 Like

@repins12 hey could you take a look at this last post i asked peachfuzz to help also but the more info i get here the better the outcome Im hoping please you all let me know what you think with this carbon monoxide thing ive never used one and want to be sure about it. Thanks all I appreciate all the help :+1:

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have never used one of them. My suggestion would be to look up that model number on the internet or yotube it. Sorry, I wish that I could be more help, just wonā€™t comment on things, I know nothing about :v:t4:

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a lot more to using co2 than meets the eye. Iā€™ve never used it either. Do your due diligence in research before trying it out. Try looking up using co2 here in the search box. Youā€™ll need to find out how much this unit puts out for starters. Youā€™ll need a co2 monitor. You donā€™t want to have exhaust fans running as it defeats the purpose. Thereā€™s so much more to it. Most importantly if it puts out a lot of co2 Youā€™ll need a sealed room with a full exhaust system to the outside to clear out the room before its safe to enter. Co2 in high levels kills. Etcā€¦

2 Likes

I believe what you have there is an air ionizer or sometimes called a ozone generatorā€¦
They are supposed to clean the air , not make co2ā€¦
Totally different thing , but all 3 of those things can be dangerous for you to useā€¦
A co2 generator or a air ionizer or a ozone generatorā€¦
They all have to be used with cautionā€¦
Goggle air ionizer or ozone generatorsā€¦
And look up co2 generators , so that you understand the equipment that you are wanting to play with ā€¦
There are dangers and hazards if this equipment is not used properlyā€¦

3 Likes

That was kinda, what I was thinking , as well but, like I said, wasnā€™t sure and couldnā€™t give an answer. Thatā€™s why I suggested looking it up on the web or yotube :+1:t4: :v:t4:

3 Likes

@peachfuzz @repins12 ya se this is why i always come here to ask :+1: I will not just take something i know nothing about and try it without asking people who know more than me about it. I am not going to just throw something into the mix without finding out as much info as I can and making a good informed decision. I appreciate all you all help on the forum here and u may have just prevented me from making a stupid rookie mistake. hats off to you all for being so great :smiley:

3 Likes