Funky Leaves while trimming

Do these look OK? I noticed them splitting while I was trimming this morning.
Indoor
Day 20 of flowering
Technoflora nutes
Potting soil with coco voir
Day temp 73 night 60’s
RH mid 50’s
Natural spring water
No exhaust
Small fan
No CO2

2 Likes

I sometimes come across a wonky looking leaf when I trim. I wouldn’t worry about it unless you live by a nuke plant. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

No nukes

Is it an autoflowering plant? Is it flowering? What is your lighting schedule, and how long has it been that way? Looks a little like ruderalis genes, or like when a plant begins to reveg. What’s the rest look like?

It’s been on a 12/12 for 20 days. Not an auto.The rest look fine. I will get a couple of pics when it goes to bed for the night. I have a Kind LED for lighting and am looking into the HLG 260 XL for my next grow.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about it.

1 Like

The massive growth of small leaves are on the lower part of THE stalk and the first pic if you can see looks like a u like a piece of celery

3 Likes

normal i have seen 9 leaf spreads , 3 leaf spred and the two middle leafs fused together in to one but with diff rent colors on the same leave 019

wow its super celery plant man the stalk is giant what did you do to that poor plant lol

That stalk is…wtf…massive!!!..it looks like you cut all of your branches off.

Samples? :thinking:

Non ruderal, its a genetic deformity, quite common now with all the " new breeding " !

3 Likes

Yeahhh, now that you say that, it looks a lot like when a bud grows out of the ‘palm’ of a fan leaf.

1 Like

You mean like this?
All 3 of these deformaties occurred on the same plant.

2 Likes

Dont get me wrong the smoke from this is chemo. But it has some wierd characteristics.
It smells like hay with lemon in the jar.
It smells like lemon strongly when you bust it with mo hay smell.
It smokes smoothly but the smoke has very little smell? Perplexing really. The smoke has taste only after you are done smoking it… thats super wierd! And the high is paranoia followed by super stoned for 3 hours! Which is ok were it not for the paranoia part. Thats after 2 tokes! I challenge onlybthe most dedicated potheads to polish off a whole blunt!

Sounds like it dried too fast, too warm. Maybe all the terpenes cooked off, and it dried too fast before all the chlorophyll could be broken down.

I can’t remember who was mentioned when I last saw that genetic mutation come up, but they made it sound like something to avoid. :man_shrugging:

No it didnt dry too fast, It took almost 2 weeks in the hang to be dry enough to jar. I jarred the weed and burped for a half hour daily for the the first 2 weeks, then a week of every 2 days, then a week of every 3 days and so on. The dope is just wierd. Not my fave in the taste/ smell department and the paranoia thing kinda blows, but the buzz is really strong and lasts at least 3 hours probably more? Would I clone it? No probably not just for the taste issues alone. I personally feel the taste is a big part of the overall experience. Ive given a lot of this to buddy’s, and they like it because they get stupid high, so I guess its not all bad?

2 Likes

Just depends what you like. You could make edibles with it. That might take the ‘edge’ off and still make good use of the strong high.

1 Like

I’m new what can I say. I have 2 afghan that I am doing better since I started reading through posts here

4 Likes

Thats a great idea! I may just do that?

1 Like