Flora series nutrients on Big Bud auto

Hey everyone, this is my first post and my first grow and I really need some help.

My setup:
4x4x7 grow tent kit
600 watt LED light, full spectrum.
Growing in a tropical country, so humidity control with be a challenge.

I ordered seeds from MSNL and they are giving me 6 big bud autos for free. Id like to do them first. I have the Flora series nutrients- micro-bloom-veg. And I know for autos you have to be careful with nutrients. My soil is composed of top soil, chicken manure and partially decomposed rice hulI. I do not have another option for soil because of my location. I really need a nutrient schedule for my setup and some advice. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

you won’t need nutrients until you have 5 sets of leaves. With that climate, using a tent you need 2 fans a smaller intake fan ans a strong exhaust fan

1 Like

For the intake i am actually planning on using this portable aircon i have to keep temps in the high 70’s. But when i do get on the nutes, i am really lost on how much to feed an auto and what nutes from the flora series to use at what times.

@MarijuanaEngineer

Here is what is recommened by GH

Also @latewood did this write up on the flora series for use in hydroponics. Should be similar to a soil grow, worth a read at least.

2 Likes

I have seen tht schedule from flora, but autos are less time and require less nutes. I am writing up a nute schedule for my big bud autos right now, ill share it on here so you guys can criticize it for me. For a 4x4x7 tent, planning on using 5 gallon pots, how many autos do u think i should grow in there at a time?

My idea for a feeding schedule for these Big Bud autos using the Flora series trio.
Week 1-2- PH’ed water only (Chicken manure has a lot of nitrogen so i thought it would be good to let the plant use up the soil nutes first.)

Week 3-6- Veg nutes, aka Flora Grow. (1/4 of recommended dosage since they are autos and i have heard less is more with autos. I have read putting autos on bloom nutes in pre flower will stunt growth, that is why i thought waiting tell week 6 to start bloom nutes would be a good idea.)

Week 7-9- Bloom nutes 1/2 of recommended dosage.

Week 10-11- Flush with PH’ed water.

What i am wondering is where does the Flora micro fit into all of this? And is this going to actually work. This is the thread i got these ideas from.

@MarijuanaEngineer

Not 100% sure because I’m still very new to growing. But I believe you want micro mixed in with both stages.

I think the schedule posted should work the same- but just change the length of weeks to shorten each stage.

1 Like

Ill start a grow journal in a few weeks when things kick off for me, please follow it. Thanks for the info.

@MarijuanaEngineer

Yeah please tag me into it when you start it. I’d love to follow along.

1 Like

My advice philosophically is to transition from veg to bloom nutes slowly and blend as you are doing it.

1 Like

On the Auto’s go with 3 gallon pots for an indoor grow. Anything larger is wasted space.

@MarijuanaEngineer

That soil is pretty nutrient rich. Really the best way is to get a ph and TDS Meter so you can test your runoff to determine when you need nutrients.

1 Like

I do not distinguish between soil and hydro.

In soil you feed with nute’s, and next time water with 6.5 water

In hydro, you make the 10 day solution and top off in between up to equal value of reservoir usage.

1 Like

Hey guys thanks for all the replies, I germinated my Big Bud Autos (6 seeds) all of them popped after one day. I waited one more day for the root to grow a bit longer and it didnt. So I decided to plant them. I planted them about 1-1.5 inch deep, which I am a little concerned about. I have them under a 600 watt Blue spectrum LED light. Before I planted them I soaked the soil well and the PPM came out to 100-140. I have been using a spray bottle now to keep the surface wet. It has been a full 2 days now and nothing has popped out, how long do you guys think I have tell my girl come up? And should I leave the light on 24/7. The temp is around 86 degrees.

@MarijuanaEngineer

I’m guessing with the seeds being down that far it may take an extra day or two for them to break the surface. Remember also to just keep the soil moist not soaked.

1 Like

Should I leave the light on before they sprout?

@MarijuanaEngineer

Yeah the last one that sprouted I had in the tent with my others on a 16/8 schedule and it is up and growing fine.

1 Like

hey guys so i had one seed sprout earlier today, probably been around 6hrs now. im pretty worried because it looks like one side of the sproutling has a small bite of somesort. I saw a really tiny bug, im not sure what it was - now its gone. any kind of help with this would be greatly appreciated. (i read somewhere online that diluted hydro peroxide would be a good preventive?)

also, would it be smart to keep the lights on 24/7? ive been using the blue spectrum option of the LED im using… the current temp inside the tent is floating between 30-31c - is that too hot or just fine?

1 Like

I recommend the light cycle to run at 18/6. The plants need some down time in my opinion.

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree: