Fist time grower and lst enthusiast

This is my first attempt at growing and I am 15 days into flower 12/12. Looking for some comments on progress so far and maybe what trimming anyone recommends for future weeks. I am just running straight distilled water with every 2 days or as needed and foliage spray and feed with blackstrap on Fridays.

Bruce Banner strain, Feminized seed, Fox Farms medium

[Uploading: IMG_3471.jpeg…](

5 Likes

Any specific reason for distilled? If not you could consider switching to R.O. its considerably cheaper then distilled when gotten at a filling station. I fill my 5 gal jugs at walmart for example. Get it for like 2.00 for 5 gal vs 1.50 a gallon for distilled. Just watch out for filling stations that say they are alkaline water.

Great looking plants! Excellent work so far.

Is only molasses gonna be enough food? The medium is bound to become depleted at some point, especially if you havent repotted into something like strawberry fields prior to flower.

Might wanna decongest your plant 21 days or so into flower. Go through and pull all the really big fans attached to the main, and any blocking alot of budsights. At work we call this updress/decon. We remove any weak ass branches, anything really that doesnt make it at least 1/3 of the way up the plant. Then all fan leaves except the top 3 or 4 on each remaining spire. Looks kinda like this.

You can see the plant that has yet to be done side by side with one that has been done. You may not want to go as hard as pictured because we are talking industrial gardening on my end vs home grow on yours but it should give you an idea. Watch videos on lollypopping and defoliating. I like Bill Ward on youtube myself. Dont think of it as removing budsights, you get rid of weaker sights to send that energy to the stronger ones. Its a balance between needing the leaves for photosynthesis and needing them gone for light penetration.
No matter how you go about it just be sure to try and only remove 1/3 of the total foilage in any given defoliation session. Its also not a bad idea to do it before a feeding.

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to tag me (@Docnraq ) if you have any questions, I always try and help if I can. Happy growing!

4 Likes