First time manifolding. 4 plants

What is flexing? New terms for combinations of a few older techniques… turns out lst and lolipoping together is called shawzzing lol

From what i understand, fluxing is almost like manifolding, but you top once, then continue training mains out straight with a dowel or ties to keep everything even, and each node along the way gets trained out as well, so you end up with like a long manifold type.

1 Like

@fano_man i want to try growing a single strain, two plants and maximize yield. I was even considering 2 large manifolds, in maybe 10 gallon pots. I think 4 manifolds is a bit tight, but i believe with bigger pots and less plants, i can manifold larger plants. I’m still a newbie, so i want to try every technique, all at once. But need to choose.

1 Like

I did 4 last time I did any … you can get just as good results with a sog in half the time … instead of 1 or 2 plants in tent grow 50 all for a single cola each… this is my preferred technique… 1 root system 1 cola …best by far quality I ever grew small little bad asses… I’ve grown purple haze about 100 plants easy … maybe more … long story short I’ve grown 1 huge one in a 4x3 scrog… ive highly lst it… ive manifolded it …I’ve grown it natural … and I’ve grown micro clone and by far the best quality was the untrained micro clone as soon as it shoots first branch… flower… awesome quality and then I built 192 plant perpetual system all around the micro clones quality… it was so much I mean sooo much better then any multi cola plant …and this made me wonder because the general quality of the purple haze bag seed was… so so… but I was determined to refine it and figure out how to make it better and I found it worked with every strain I tried it with… 1 root system 1 to 3 cold max let her ride … from clipping to flower in less then 30 days …if you drop a seed you barley know male or female in 30 days… this way guarantees quality and a pretty good idea for quantity after a few runs with minimal imperfections… I highly recommend the sog … you can do it with seed but it’s much better with clone for the guaranteed Gene’s and guaranteed sex

3 Likes

Candyland feeding, finally starting to fill out. This will be the last one to be harvested:

On another note…do these spots look like nute lockout? @fano_man

Seems like the growth has picked up in the last week or so, this is also a sativa dominant hybrid, that has a flower time of 8-10 weeks…im thinking its going to be closer to 10.

3 Likes

Very nice man glad I was here on the journey :sunglasses::+1:

White Widow #1 update. Watered with plain ph 6.4 tap water, 3.5 gallons:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Bubba Kush update. Watered with ph’d 6.5 tap water 3.5 gallons, with roughly 3/4 gallon runoff at 6.2 ph.

Seems the browning and yellowing leaves have stopped since i started using the cal mag, and fixed the ph.

3 Likes

Only 2 months behind. Interested in the technique you described. I did a quick search and ended at either manifold or mainline. Do you have example reference, article, youtube or something to see what you are describing. Appreciate it.

1 Like

No where near the scale you mentioned but just got into clones and didn’t know what to do with them so gave this a try. Sea of Green Acres AK47 & NL Clones
It is only 12 plants but you have to start somewhere.

2 Likes

If im not mistaken, when you do your first top at the 3rd node, or wherever, you keep the next node down so you end up with a cross. 4 main branches with one topping. Train them out like the manifold technique.

3 Likes

Got ya
Like this except only keeping two branch sets. Keep branches 3 and 2, remove the branches at the bottom node (1).

I topped all branch growth tips resulting in 12 colas.
Show off my mad paint skills (I’m laughing).
2 sets of topped branches

2 Likes

Exactly. At least thats how i understand it. I’m going to be trying an elevated manifold with my clones i think. I topped and supercropped the top 4 shoots.

I will be taking clones from the bottom(idk if you can clone clones).

1 Like

That is exactly what this is. I don’t have the ability to keep a mother. This is a clone of a clone (3rd generation?)

That is how this one developed. I need them to be more upright because my tent is packed

This one I pretty much buried it up to its first node

See what I mean about being packed in a 3x3

Great fun…

2 Likes

That is quite packed. I thought i was packed in a 4x4 tent.

1 Like

So…watered White Widow #2 today with 3 gallons of 6.5 ph tap water, runoff came out at 5.7. This plant isnt growing or bulking hardly anything like the other plants that have runoff in the 6.2 range.
Tried a gallon of straight tap water after the runoff test ph 7.3, tested runoff, still 5.7-5.8. So i threw in the towel, 1 gallon ph’d up to 9.2. And voila, ph 6.0 qfter 5 gallons total. Blahhh.

And some unsolicited calyx pics

6 Likes

Also i am trying to bring it up to 6.3 ish. 6.0 is a change in the right direction though. This one is showing alot of what look like ph problems/nutrient issues. Not sure if you can see it in the pictures.

1 Like

Im probably going to need to make a new post for my other plants, but for now here is a clone update:

I don’t really know what I’m doing here, buy i think I’m going to build an elevated manifold shape through supercropping. I supercropped the top 5 branches down to the same level as the 6th and possibly the 7th and 8th. But it may have to be 5 on this one. I’m experimenting with these 4 white widow clones. They all have been topped once, and are about 18 inches tall.

2 Likes

Oh and this happened:

Lemon amnesia seeds from Crop King Seeds. Planning to manifold these two