First time grow. 2 white widows from ILGM any help would be greatly appreciated

You have my model or the one mentioned? I’m just thinking if I’m doing all this stuff why not go the best way?

@Drillbit plants (thanks) how bout them blurples tho :joy:

5 Likes

Mine is the HLG-300 v2. I lucked into it when I bought my kit locally. The kit came with a different light. I saw this one and knew it was the light for me. My tent is 39x39x60

This kit is less $ and basically the same thing. @dbrn32 has given good advice to several members here. I am currently picking his brain on a potential upgrade later this year.

4 Likes

There’s no issue if I change the light mid grow? @dbrn32

3 Likes

No issue. That’s the one, just try to keep links to Amazon, dealzer, or aliexpress please. If you feel like you need to post something like that to get exact info correct, take a screenshot and post image.

So sorry didn’t realize I wasn’t allowed. Will not happen again. I ordered the unit you suggested.

2 Likes

You’re fine, congrats on the new light!

Welcome to the QB club my guy. U should be forewarned. Better lighting = hungrier thirstier plants.

5 Likes

I’m just hoping it arrives fast so I can get it installed!

1 Like

I am blown away at how well they perform! Still can’t wait till I can afford a quantum board though! Lol. That’ll free up enough lights to do perpetual grow too.

2 Likes

I got the inkbird switch. Can you help me with what numbers I should be putting in for each parameter?

1 Like

What is the average temperature of your tent?

I would say around 65

Looking at the VPD chart for that temperature you will want to set your HS (humidity set point) at 40 and your HD (humidification differential) at 5 or 10. This will keep your VPD between 0.96-1.18, that range will keep your plants in the healthy transpiration range.

Look at page 6 in the manual. Hold the set button down for 3 seconds then change that number to 40. Hit the down arrow and change that number to 5 or 10. Then hold the set button down again for 3 seconds. Place the humidity cable in your tent, plug in controller and fan. If humidity is above the differential set point the fan will run until it hits the set point, the cycle will then continue keeping the humidity in the range you have chosen.

If your tent temp changes with your new light just make then necessary adjustments to keep the VPD in the green.

2 Likes

No need to set the other parameters?

I did not see a need. Your testing may prove different

VPD chart.

Thanks I’ll set this tomorrow night when I have time. This is great info.

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 and anyone else you can help…my plants are right around 1 month from the time they first popped. How often should I be feeding nutes? For the last week I haven’t been watering much at all and my bug issue seems to be gone. For the last couple days I have been spraying the plants with the water bottle instead of pouring water into the soil directly. I’ve feed nutes once a week in the last two weeks.

What kind of soil are u using? And how are they looking? Its kinda a by plant thing. But i personally feed - wait 2-3 days - water - wait a couple more - feed - couple days - water