First Indoor Grow, a few problems Maybe

Here is a decent photo of the main cola of the OG Kush girl. I hope. Let me know how it looks to you.

6 Likes

With my bad eyesight and lack of experience, I would be happy with her :grinning: I can’t magnify enough to see trichomes but she looks darn frosty!

@SmoknGranny going to get a closeup and hopefully you will be able to see the tricombs then.
try this one. Will see with you too. Might have to reshoot later.

Well, looks like going to have to take another photo a bit later. Oh well.

6 Likes

Of course I’m out of likes :rage:
IF (and that’s a mighty BIG IF) I actually understand what experienced folks have been trying to teach here, I think they are looking milky but no amber and lots of white pistils still. So I think you have a bit to go yet.

2 Likes

Definitely going to need to be closer for the final decision but you called it with the active pistils.

1 Like

@bob31 will be taking another photo and more of a close up later. Right now…pooped. Been one of those days. Busy as the dickens. Then trying to get a decent photo and then didnt get the closeup that I wanted. Will be trying again later. Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

@SmoknGranny @Myfriendis410 @bob31 @Laurap @Alton66

Okay, hope this is close enough. Just dont know whenever I post a photo here cause of the changes it makes. Let me know. This is the OGK

5 Likes

Perfect! Gorgeous bud dude! Not ready yet IMO. Still mostly clear and you still have active calyx growth so leave her be.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 How long ya think? 2 weeks or a bit more? At least I expect.

Finally found on the internet that toaster ovens average pulling 5 amps. So with the heater etc in the garage I can’t decarb there with that 15 amp breaker. Soooo , I’m thinking of trying it in my bathroom (20 amp) then run it to garage then unwrap & let cool down then bottle it up :slightly_smiling_face: Planning all these stealth & safe maneuvers is getting to be a challenge :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Much better for these old eyes :eyes:. Thanks. I guess I’m learning & retaining more than I thought @Myfriendis410 :blush: re pistils as a sign to look for as well as the trichomes

3 Likes

Well you could harvest a plant at this point but those white pistils tell me that more flowers are happening. May as well let them bulk up too.

How many weeks in flower are you @cyberblast?

2 Likes

@cyberblast

Hi buddy!!

I was in the City today (NYC) on some business and got back a bit ago.

No I haven’t looked at the plants up close yet.

I have inspected the leaves and other than a bit of tip burn on one plant (AK-47) everything is looking great.

I’ll take some photos tomorrow my friend.

It’s time for bed. :slightly_smiling_face:

Talk with you then.:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 at this point its been in 6 weeks since I went 12/12, starting week 4. But they were converting within a week, leastwise the OGK and the Gold Leaf. The White Widow was slow, very slow like it has been in this grow. The OGK and GL ladies turned in less than 4 or 5 days actually. They were fast. They were ready for sure.

Yea, I agree, more flowers are forming. Plus I want to split the stem before I harvest the OGK. The Gold Leaf has quite a while yet as does the WW. I plan on splitting them as well. So am looking at least 3 to 4 weeks for the GL and WW. 2 for the OGK minimum I guess. My concern for the OGK is it getting burned by that overheating lamp. Have since returned it for a new one. The lamp that is, not the plant. :smiley: It went defective.

Anyway the OGK got burned and has dropped leaves near the top and the tip of the bud got slightly burned as well. Has turned very sticky and filled fast at the top there, I believe due to the damage it receved. It thickened down low too. Got other flowers though forming on the sides of it. Got a lamp on one side and its growing out there and got flowers in the middle of the plant as well. Once I split the stem, long as it makes it, dropping leaves right and left. will be heavy as the dickens. Maybe. nowhere near an expert. Mostly guesswork on my part. Why I take the photos and put em up here.

I try to follow instructions on the ph and nutes and all that, but I am 100 percent disabled and not able to do much physically. Cant get down and do stuff close and on my knees in the tent. And mentally, well, things due to age and other crap, dont think like I did when I was younger. I do the best I can, but…thanks for your help my friend. I appreciate it.

4 Likes

@SmoknGranny Why couldnt you just turn the heater off while you are decarbing? Only going to be an hour or less, I think. Dont remember the length of time for decarbing. But a thought. I know you have to do the steath thing from hubby, but that would make it easier ya think? The oven is going to put out some heat as it is, so would put some in the garage long enough till it is done and you can start the heater back up.

1 Like

Theyre beautiful. Id wait for more amber. Not much longer my friend. Youre gonna have some awesome smoke!

3 Likes

I’m actually going to try it out there before the weather turns again. :grinning:. After next week I think it’s going to be too cold for Moose not to have his heater. Also, after the fire :fire: there last year I have become a weeny :blush: I’m going to cook a couple ounces and jar it up for future use.
Keeping my fingers crossed for some amber for you today also :hugs:

1 Like

I’m right there with you buddy. My first seeds sprouted just about a year ago.

1 Like

@SmoknGranny @Myfriendis410 @Laurap @Alton66
I think I am going to make up some butter in a few days. I have close to an ounce of leaves and should have more in a few days, better ones. Might snip some mini buds. Cook the leaves and the buds into some butter. That will do it for me for now. Make some brownies and also use it in some cocoa and coffiee or both.

4 Likes

I bit the bullet and have 1/2 ounce decarbed today :grinning:. I’m going to try to do some more Sunday.

4 Likes