First grow ever RDWC

I’ll tell you what I’ll never dry trim gorilla glue again wet trim was so much easier. After 5 minutes doing it wet I can’t use the scissors

5 Likes

Dry trim does kinda suck big time lol. But it make the buds so much better leaving it on to help slow the dry. I noticed a huge difference in all the outcomes of w.w. auto. Did wet trim on one and dry trim and dry trim was so much more tastier and just all around better

1 Like

Alright That’s all I need to hear . Better is always better

1 Like

I mean after 5 minutes doing it dry I can’t use the. Scissors

I don’t no what happened but I just did a whole water change out and everything is running we’re it should be. For the one few times it has in this grow.

Alcohol wipes. Takes that sticky right off. :wink:

2 Likes

@Jaydawg6528 they make nail polish remover container that has a foam pad in it. It’s about a 3 inch round and 3 inch tall deal with a screw off lid. The foam is for chicks to put finger in to remove nail polish. If you can find one just dump it out and let dry then fill with rubbing alcohol and it works perfect for soaking and cleaning sheers off.

3 Likes

What are the best trimmers to use

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MXYWGS3?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details, that is what I got, It’s got 4 trimmers and a snipper (like for threads in sewing) , that’s not really a job for scissors, you’ll never be able to use them again for anything else. If this link is for timers pls let me know as I’m sometimes slow when it comes to computer stuff.

1 Like

Yes i found out trimming that u need like 5 or so pairs and a jar with alcohol use til sticky wipe off big stuff jar grab new wipe off and use lol. Its a revolving scissor process lol.

2 Likes

Yeah I got like 5 pairs in the cup of alcohol I just keep rotating every 5 or 10 min

2 Likes

Man I hope I have that problem. How is the drying process going for your first plant? Is it in jars yet?

I’m curious of what the dry weight is.

1 Like

@Jaydawg6528 Yeah, me too, but I promised I’d agonize over the wait, so I might as well agonize over the weight.

1 Like

I’m still working on it will post tonight so far I’m not mad at it if it was for personal now. How do I set up a controlled drying room that isn’t in my house.

1 Like

So far not so well I chopped them and dry trimmed some and wet trimmed the other half but the only place I had was my garage ( yeah I no) it was around 70-75 for about three days and the buds were already getting dry so I Jared them with a hydrometer to see how much moisture was in them they were down to around 54 which is to low so I put a beveda 62 pack in the jar don’t no if this was the right thing to do so if someone can help me with some options I would be grateful. Thanks

1 Like

I read some stuff about that and the consensus was that they will make it dry unevenly because it can’t dry if moisture is being put back in and in the long run it changes the flavor, consistency and just not as good. Mostly ask @Hellraiser I think that’s where I read most of that, dude has so much stuff posted but a lot of gifs and stuff to get thru to get to the info.
Maybe you should keep in jar, but also could be dry on outside but not in the middle. @patchman knows who knows, right?
I would get those humidity packs out until you have no other choice. You’d be better off misting them lightly, or like I said this all just what I read, I’m sure others like it, idk.

1 Like

If u have a fresh plant growing plick a few fan leaves off and throw them in the jars for a while the buds should pull moisture oit of the leaves boveda packs alter the taste and smell of weed from what i hear

4 Likes

I found these worked really well. The curved blade fits nicely around the bud.

@kaptain3d , can you help with RH/curing question for JayDawg please? :point_up_2: I know you put yours in the fridge, right? Does that affect the RH or do you stabilise this first then put in the fridge? I am also interested in case I have similar issue this time around.
Thanks so much!

:v:

2 Likes

This is where I wrote about it. Please understand that it’s nothing scientific and just my own opinions and experiences.

4 Likes