First Grow by Mrs. Daisy

Hello Mrs. Daisy-
I have been reading along and I applaud your efforts so far. Before I say anything else, there are no dumb questions. Especially when you are talking about electrical devices. We want our “family members” to be safe, and to grow what they need (maybe a little extra just in case. I am a medical grower who grows organically, or tries to. The first grow just ended a couple of weeks ago. It seems like you have all your bases covered. I would like to follow along if thats ok. There is an organic section in the forum or you can use a regular growing section. I wish you the best of luck. Peace…

1 Like

The greenhouse is 10’X 14’ and around 9-10’ at its tallest. It was originally built to house our flowers and plants over the winter, and never much thought about proper heating. It has water leaks in very heavy rain, but stays mostly dry. I have a propane heater in a corner inside, but I don’t trust it as the pilot light has a habit of quitting at the wrong time. I found a couple of pics, not the best but will give you an idea

As far as fans I have a couple of “El cheapo” fans, lol. The goal is to have a soft but steady airflow over the girls when in full flower. I learned about bud rot early, and humidity is an issue in the greenhouse. I also have a continuous running dehumidifier I only use when the girls are heavy in flower. Last year I grew some during the summer in there, and they do not appreciate 105F+ at all. It was a struggle. I have 2 Girl scout Cookie Xtreme plants almost ready, and will pop something else in the next few days, but will probably take the summer off. Temps and humidity are your biggest friend/enemy depending on where you are .

2 Likes

Good genetics, regular PH checks to ensure your medium is always sitting at the correct ph, adequate lighting from a reputable brand, correct nutrition.
I’ve listed a few key basics here for you, get ready for a new very addictive hobby. :grin:

2 Likes

You are definitely more than welcome to follow along! Thank you so much for your help and kind words. I definitely feel like with this forum I will have lots of great people that will help me threw whatever troubles arise. I hope to be up and running by or before April just honestly waiting on my license to clear. I should know more in the next week or two!

1 Like

Okay so wow!! Your greenhouse is beautiful!! It has always been a dream of mine to have one. Our family just recently sold our house and moved in August. Needless to say we didn’t get everything done before winter that I had planned… but thats okay. My spring laundry list is a half my long. My poor husband doesn’t know what he’s getting himself into!! Yeah I’m not gonna lie I don’t mess with propane or propane accessories lol or any gas for that fact! 105… I don’t think I’d appreciate that either. Humidity can definitely be a bad thing I’ve learned from all yalls post! Thank you for your help I definitely feel like my plan is coming together more and more!

1 Like

But a healthy addiction right… :laughing:

1 Like

It may be snowing outside but I have my little garden plants to fuel my plant habit for now…

5 Likes

The Roots Organics dry nutrient line is excellent so far. I will be chopping soon and will provide a final assessment the cure is done.

I top dress with the prescribed Roots Organics product(s) once each week and water as I normally would.

2 Likes

Are you using the player pack?

I don’t know what that is…I purchased nearly all of the products listed on their published feeding schedule and just follow their guidelines.

2 Likes

The player pack was one of aurora innovations starter packs that they offered. I’d say they work; your plants are looking beautiful!

1 Like

Thank you for taking a look and for the kind words.

1 Like

Of course! Excited to see your final thoughts on the product and those beautiful buds!

1 Like

Hello @Mrs.Daisy, welcome to the forum.
Snowing here in Missouri as well.
Will be watching your grow. Lots of good folks here to help. Merlin is great.!

1 Like

Thank you for the welcome! Missouri is where we are too and it is just awesome to watch all the pretty snow fall.Everyone seems great i can’t wait to get started!

Cool. There are several of us here. I am near Springfield and grow for my wife who suffers fibromyalgia pain and migraines. We have been able to cut down on the prescription pain meds a lot.
You may have noticed that Sutherlands has started selling Fox Farms products. Been buying my potting soils there. Sounds like you have a nice setup started. Hope it goes well. People here will help out.
I loved the Hank Hill reference in a previous post btw…Lol

1 Like

That is fantastic! I have an uncle who was completely able to leave the pain meds in exchange for cannabis. He has a condition where tumors regularly grow along his spin. Yes I did notice that I picked up some ffof for my vegtable seedlings and they love it! I will be growing for me and my husband he suffers for RLS and Migranes. And me from insomnia and panic disorder. Just waiting on my application approval :roll_eyes:. Lol thanks I couldn’t resist!

Northern Lights made into edibles seems to help my wife with sleep. Vaping Granddaddy Purple starts the process and the edibles keep her asleep. The biggest benefit is that if she wakes up she can go right back to sleep which never happened before. Good sleep has improved her health more than anything.

3 Likes

Everything is better with alittle more sleep! I’m so happy that she is able to benefit from missouri going legal. Now if we could get the dang Feds on board that would really be something :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

A few

more pictures for ya.

7 Likes