First grow attempt

I am working on getting my rainwater collection prepared. In the meantime I have a question about using distilled water.
 It is my understanding from reading that distilled water cannot be Ph'd. So if that's the case do I just add to each gallon of distilled water, 1oz liquid seaweed, 1/2 teaspoon of Cal-Mag Pro, stir it up, let it sit for 20 minutes, then pour it into the plants slowly until there is 15 percent runoff?.
 I am using fox farm soil, 2 plants, godfather og seeds, inside wooden custom built room that's 3x4x7 (84 square feet) using Cloudline S-6 for intake air from outside and a Cloudline T-8 for exhaust, and a 400 watt grow light.

@Bubbala @Lostgirl @ChittyChittyBangin, hope y’all doing great. I’m about to start that first grow finally, and I have used a lot of the info y’all (along with others) suggested I do, to start this all over again. I have a better attitude this time around, and new username. I’m hoping this will post under my first post, as I’m trying to just have one continuous post under “First grow attempt”. I was wondering if the three of you could take a look at the first post (this is my second post, and tell me if I got the pertinent info correct, and if y’all could answer that question. Also apparently there is one thing I don’t have. Should I buy some type of bug spray to have on hand in case of bugs? Also I have another question for Lostgirl. In your 10-29-23 post to me you stated ’ You’re going to add the kelp seaweed extract at 1ml per gallon of water’. Perhaps I am not understanding, or all seaweed is not created equal. Because my liquid seaweed is Medina liquid seaweed and the directions say mix 1oz per gallon of water. And is there 29 mil per ounce?.

Distilled or RO water is neutral at 7.0pH. but there are no ppm’s in it so it will not hold 7.0 if watered into your plant. The ppm void water will take on the pH of the soil. So if you use Distilled or RO, you just need to give it 150-300 ppm’s. If feeding the nutes will add that. If not feeding then you could add some cal/mag or silica and then Ph to desired 6.2-6.8 and the water will bring the soil in line with that pH you just gave it. This is how I raise my pH if it is low when doing a runoff test.

1 Like

I’ve never used that brand. Nevertheless, I pulled up the nutritional values in the NPK the brand that I use has an NPK of 4-2-1 your brand on the other hand has an NPK of 0-0-1 that’s a little bit of nothing most of your base nutrients will cover that. Nevertheless you purchased it so you should use it. You’re close there’s actually 30 mil in an ounce.

I used mine on a daily basis due to the NPK if I had what you have I would use one half (15 mil) once a week.