First Grow: 4 Super Skunk (Fem) Under 600 Watt LED

I actually got mine on eBay. Sorry.

1 Like

Kinda funny, when I had more space I had this same tent. I loved it. I really hope I can actually get some plants to the FLOWERING stage for once (for various reasons, NONE of which were “ the plants were dying”, I had to get rid of my past plants. But today is a new day!) lol

1 Like

ABOUT SCROGGING

Yeah, I appreciate it - I don’t find it snobby at all. I was wondering what the difference was between ScroG and SoG.

On that note, I was trying to find a simple tutorial on how to ScroG. I know a few bits and pieces: I know at some point I have to split the main cola (or where the main cola would eventually grow) BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THAT, and I’m also dealthy afraid lol.

I know I need to put some kind of wiring/string/caging over the plants. How high above? How big should the holes be? Does this stay at one height the whole time or does it move up with the plants? (I know the goal is to grow horizontally more so than vertically),? Do I transfer these plants into their next (and final) size pot first, or am I keeping them in these small pots?

These were taken 9/21. How do I know when to transfer them to a larger pot? if I’m going to attempt ScroG, is that necessary? How far apart will/should the plants be? what do I place the plants ON, should they be removable from under the screen so I can care for them separately if need be?

1 Like

Btw, these are the Nutrients I have for when the time comes. Not sure if anyone has ever heard of them.

How close is the light? I had my blurple down to 18 inches veg switch only then add bloom switch after a week.

You’re asking a lot of great questions. I suggest you search the site for SCROG, you’ll get lots of good information and journals to research.

I’ll be doing a SCROG this grow and my plant is just about the same age as yours. If you’re interested you can follow me and we can SCROG together. If you like, I can tag you into my grow.

1 Like

Tag me in I’ll watch

1 Like

Ah, to Scrog or not to Scrog. That is the question

Top your plant (I like several times)
Then let them grow through the net about 8", then go into BDSM mode and super cropp them and tie them to the screen. Continue tying until screen is nearly full. You tube is full of videos on super cropping and scrogging. It’s scary at first, but I found out they LOVE it

3 Likes

That’s a nice, full scrog!

2 Likes

Have you attempted to count how many tops you got per plant lol… I dunno if I can count that high😂

No sir, I haven’t attempted to count them, but I’m sure if I tried, I would DEFINITELY have to take my shoes off to count that high

1 Like

Bro I was n my wife’s second foot before she kicked me and I lost count COd FLABIT!!

2 Likes

She gets mad when I talk to her bout my plants so she looked down at me while I always countin and she said what the hell are you doing?.. I responded you don’t want to know … And whack! Lmao

2 Likes

That would be awesome. How do you tag someone? is it just @raustin, one time or do you have to do it for the entire thread?

Yep, that’s how you tag someone. I’ll tag you into my journal so you can read what’s there now and as soon as the plants are ready for SCROG training, you’ll see exactly how to do it.

2 Likes

The LED light (in veg mode currently) is about 18-20 in. but I also have 2 CFL’s that I keep on a lamp closer to the ground, to make sure the under leaves and sides and everything are getting enough light. Also, in terms of accomplishing near perfect temp/humidity I get 75.5 degrees F, and 49-52% Humidity with this set up.

I tried to get rid of the CFL’s (which I could do at this point and it would hold, but I saw more stretching when I turned them off), REALLY wanted to use that 400 Watt COB LED but it’s so flippin’ HOT.

Right now, I’m trying to decide
(a) When it’s time for me to transfer these girls into the bigger pot
(b) What I’m going to use to make the screen if I dare attempt ScroG on my first try, which everyone is encouraging me towards.
(c) Looking up different tutorials on how to ScroG, so I know what do with the plant without hurting it.

Naturally, I’m deathly afraid to do anything lol - because these look pretty good to me except a little stretching on 1 of them, which got a lot better when I turned to CFL on it. They are all the exact same age, “popped” on 9/12 - so 2 weeks old (just starting veg. stage?), and one of them is in what would be considered a solo cup (very small empty coffee container). The other 3 are in those black plastic planters, they look about 6" high.

Here’s a good little article on scrogging: Scrog 101 - Step-by-Step Scrogging Tutorial.

Yes. You’ll get lots of encouragement from folks on this forum to do this… with good reason. It works. I’m an idiot, and people like @raustin and many others here managed to walk me through my first grow… almost. I’ve harvested one plant, and one has another week-ish to go… and two others are a few weeks behind that. But from the one I harvested, I should have a good 4 oz. of dried bud. (It’s still drying.) This is more than I thought I’d get, since I abused my plants with over watering, high pH, calcium-magnesium deficiency, vent ducting falling apart a couple of times in the middle of summer. You name it. Still, they’ve come through for me.

3 Likes

And here’s an article on pruning/topping. Personally, I found topping to be easier and more reliable than fimming. But you should definitely do one of these, especially in a scrog.

And last but not least… the most scary of all, but perhaps the most rewarding. Super crop. I was freaked out about doing it, but did it, and within a week, it was clear that this was the right call. This is what will make your plants stretch out, horizontally, and encourage new growth. If they’re not autos, do it!

5 Likes

@Grandaddy013 How many square feet is that scrog? Number of plants? Age of plants? I’m at 5weeks from sprout lst all over. I want to flip at 8weeks. How close to flip do you fim or top?