First breeding project

So, this is my first breeding project. This is a clone from my female Jager that I kept small on purpose (dealing with smell indoors) and I plan on crossing with an unknown strain that I had last year. Male is already gone and pollen is collected.
My main question is, if I want to yield a decent amount (small handful) of seeds, when do I pollinate? I was thinking in about another week or two? April 23rd is when I switched her to 12/12.

3 Likes

Do it now. It’s best to pollinate your plants at the beginning of flower :v::bear:

3 Likes

Will I yield a decent amount of seeds with the buds being so small still? I don’t need a lot, maybe 25ish.

each hair is potentially a seed.

2 Likes

Yeah, I bred using plants in solo cups and had 6” plants that yielded over 100 seeds each, easy.

2 Likes

Yeah, but they are also potential failures. Don’t wanna end up with like 4 seeds haha
This is my first time doing this though, so I’ll take any advice I can get.

douse it with pollen, you will have a lot of seeds as @MattyBear suggested.

2 Likes

Oh wow! That’s way more than I’ll need. I’m glad i decided not to let her get any bigger before switching to flower lol I’ll go ahead and do it tonight then! Thanks!

2 Likes

@MattyBear After pollinating, how long do the seeds require to fully mature?

1 Like

Keep a journal? I’d love to watch!

1 Like

And would these seeds be considered F1? I’m still learning about all this lol

1 Like

My seeds took approx 4 weeks.

1 Like

I can probably make this my journal. Never done it before haha

2 Likes

F1 is the cross of 2 true breading strains. This first generation will show all of the dominate traits. Using hybrids that are not stabilized might not equal an F1, at least as I understand it.

1 Like

I realize these seeds will not be consistent. Some will show more traits of the mother and some the father. I’m just unsure of how’s its all categorized lol

Pollen has been applied. I had way more than I needed so I just kinda dumped the rest on her haha

7 Likes

That’s cool to see thanks for sharing

2 Likes

4-6 weeks is typical. I will let my clones go way past mature if the seeds aren’t ready because I don’t care about the plant, just the seeds :wink::bear:

4 Likes

I’m hoping I’ll have enough time this season to be able to harvest a couple small plants from this cross. Should be able to buy they’ll be small haha

1 Like

Typical F1 hybrids are usually pretty consistent. It’s the F2 and F3 gens that start to show more variance with the recessive genes starting to express themselves.

2 Likes