Excited newbie here! 4x4 indoor

Sorry for derailing your thread with my little rant @SnkeyezCobra. I am interested to see how it turns out.

I remember how excited I was too, I was helicoptering them big time. Once you pop that grow virginity, and you got some buds stored away, you’ll be manhandling those ladies. They like it though.

“The best fertilizer is in the footsteps of the gardener”

5 Likes

I don’t think we were derailed?? All opinions are and options are welcome here… you cannot learn if you only look at one thing!! I definitely can tell I will… cheech I walk in and just start pushing her around she strong so it’s easier… the others I’m afraid to break haha… yes can’t wait to get this first one under the belt… these empty mason jars are calling my name!! :joy::rofl:

5 Likes

@kaptain3d @Graysin heres my grow if you have time to stop by :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’ve seen you both have a wealth of knowledge and appreciate any of your time :+1::pray:

2 Likes

I’m just an over enthusiastic fool who likes to learn and play with his plants my friend.
But if I can help, I will, otherwise I’ll help you find someone who knows :nerd_face:

4 Likes

@Nicky is good with the fim dept. I tried but u have to hit it just right just above a topping basically and it somehow gets 4 tops off the main not 2. I’ve seen it o think @SilvaBack203 has just did a cpl times and or tops. They don’t hurt the plant really one bit. A slight bit of slow down but nothing bad. They r actually good techniques to get a little bit more out of the plant with less height and more girth lol

4 Likes
2 Likes

MVP right here.

FIM’s are the way to go. @Nicky is the expert, although I gotta rope @ReelOfishalTrees in too - hopefully he still has those photos of his FIM’d ladies after he harvested so you can see the colas that grew out of the FIM.

I like em cuz they’re lower stress than tops and often result in more colas. :v: Just my two cents.

4 Likes

:100: and love the animations… and enthusiasm of course!! :star_struck::partying_face:

I am so happy for everyone’s input and check in!! I was really excited to see so much activity and learn even more… love having lots of options and opinions!! As an old man I shouldn’t admit being stupidly excited (giddy schoolgirl?) over little things lately :joy::rofl:
@Nicky thanks for the wonderful thread and videos!! Wish I had watched them before… :rofl::joy: well we will see what happens I’ll post updates in a min

1 Like

All MVP welcome!! I think for my first FIM I thoroughly F ed It Major so I must have succeeded somehow :joy::rofl: hopefully it bounces back :crossed_fingers: has some weird spots near the cut but on then leaves below :man_shrugging: The funny thing is I got reading into one of the threads about fim and too and was like nope not the first one… haha and yet another rabbit hole I’m diving in!!
Also I have honey in my kit now thanks @Highwayman420

Here’s the most recent of Mrs Chong

4 Likes

Not really looking fimmed in this pic only looks like the tips of the leaves were severed off somehow on one side more than the other. It’ll be fine just have them messed up leaves is alll

2 Likes

Yep pretty sure exactly what happened!! After reading and looking and trying to remember exactly how I did it… but I did snip each side separate so mistake one… don’t think I cut in the right place number 2… didn’t sterilize the snips… 3 … let’s see how many I can make and still keep life? :man_facepalming: Thanks for the encouragement and the tags!! :+1: the growth by the base of this one doesn’t seem to want to do anything even with me pushing it back…

3 Likes

Fims and tops are not bad at all. Don’t stress over an accident like that it’s easily fixable or atleast makes for a better plant. If autos I think u had an ok time to do it if photos it’s whenever u want to do so just allow recovery time after u do things like so for plant to recover some before flipping the times to flower. Now defols and lollipops I’d wait on autos til u see flower start and u see the pistils turn to. Buttons be half rounded buttons they will look like. That’s when they r all set for sites and gonna fatten up so to remove what u don’t want from the bottoms of the plants and do defols is good to do around then. Basically around day 31 and day 42 of flower is clean up days

1 Like

For photos as well? That’s the next step I’m worried about what I can clip and when… just because it’s blocking light or better to do at once shockwise? Mine are photos and I’m realizing that I’m not in as much of a rush as I was day one :rofl::joy: this darn patience thing!! Also here is cheech was gonna top… well what I thought now I’m confused… does the top have to be on just the new growth like a fim or can I go down further? I thought I could cut it back to the 4th node not on the 4th node am overthinking now? Then I could use the sizable top to try to clone? I’m dabbling in too many rabbit holes here :flushed:
Maybe here? Or should I just attempt another FIM? Leave it the heck alone? :rofl::joy:

3 Likes

Photos u can take leaves and stuff whenever basically. Just give them a few days to a week to recover before u flip to flower then 21 and 42 in flower and 2 weeks before u chop u can strip all the big fan leaves off and leave the sugars and claws on but removing the big fan leaves allows all the light to get to the buds to ripen them up better at the very end.

2 Likes

If you top it I would recommend you cut slightly higher. Closer to the upper node… That way you leave a longer stub on her, and that helps a lot to prevent eventual stem split when/if you train the upper branches :nerd_face:

For clones, usually roots will start developing at the exposed nodes. So I prefer to get a clone with at least 3 nodes lenght. I remove the first branches from the first 2 nodes and keep only the top node. :wink:

But, there’s more than one way to do things.
@Hellraiser has a very detailed journal about cloning…

3 Likes

So which node I choose is fine… just need to cut higher to the freshest node not as close to the one I’m keeping? Yeah I’m like halfway through Hellraiser cloning… I’ve been picking through it… but I’m not trying to do a clone operation just yet lol just wanted to see if it was possible without the bells and whistles… I’m more concerned with keeping Cheech healthy and not screwing her up :rofl::joy: than cloning topping fim or otherwise… however if said things can be done and or help… I’m game for this learning process!! Thanks again for all the pointers from everyone!! :pray::pray: @Mark0427 thanks for the continued guidance also!!

2 Likes

Pre work pic… will play with them later… but did this quick for some reason before I left :man_shrugging: :joy: it funny I plan everything with these for months even the day before then I get in the tent and things just happen… lol

Cheech

Chong

4 Likes

Last chance to stop me if anyone is even awake :rofl::joy: cutting it just below the green tie… my heart is racing lol

4 Likes

Go for it… :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

It’s done :hot_face: now I wait… trimmed up a couple leaves on both Cheech and Chong and attempted my free experiment with the top and aloe… on the plus side Chong seems to be showing growth from the random attack that happen to her I think it was a Furry Invisible Man :rofl::man_facepalming:

Cheech not so perfect anymore :flushed:

Chong

Side note played with the Photone app for a min… I need to get the 2.99 sunlight one to get the correct reading from what I understand in the DLI bible!

4 Likes