Dwc h202 question

Really…Hydroguard off of Amazon will not ship to your state???

2 Likes

Not even Amazon… must be a state reg. I’ve tried with several vendors :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

So, this is going to sound crazy BUT. Now that youve mentioned that, i was adding tribus to my water the other night and a little bit spilled into my 40gal water reservoir. Within 24 hours i had this clear slime looking crap all over my filters and air lines. I ended up washing a sterilizing everything and refilling my reservoir and had no issues since. Was this because of the tribus??

1 Like

I just looked it up on Google and several states don’t allow it…something about active growing bacteria they don’t won’t in their water supplies

3 Likes

Gotcha, thankfully I can get the Southern Ag… shocking the main ingredient is the same :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

I tried using Tribus or Fish Shit with Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice and Piranha in autopots. Got tired of cleaning the reservoir. Midway through the current grow I stopped adding microbes after cleaning the reservoir. No more problems with slimy interior, filter or malfunctioning valves. If I want to add any microbes I top feed them.

2 Likes

More than likely, depending on aeration and temps it’s can happen that fast

2 Likes

Yea i have an airstone going and water is around 70

1 Like

More than likely the culprit. Higher temps can also cause it. You can splash some peroxide in there at the end of the day to help keep bio life in the res down. Peroxide is very unstable in water and will dissipated by the time you need to use the nutrients again. Best to keep a res if possible in the mid 60’s. I use peroxide on occasion if I end up smelling the nutrient res or I see a film. Depends how hot my room gets.

2 Likes

Awesome. This is just a reservoir i keep going in my flower room so i dont have to haul 5 gallon buckets and im less conspicuous to nosey neighbors. Its only happened once and had an idea of that what happened, but holy crap when it happened it was really neat but nasty at the same time.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s sucky. It doesn’t destroy the batch but it can definitely clog lines and such. I’ve played around with all sorts of sanitation including uv (which is only good for plain water) circulation methods, aerators. My cleanest outcome was a plain res with nothing else in it. Air gets introduced when correcting pH and watering. Not for hydro, but for general feedings. I have a total of 70gal for res space. At my max I was running near 100gal. I’ve wasted and lost a lot of nutrient solutions to find what works best for me.

2 Likes

I think this is the reason i dont do hydro. If i was retired and was able to monitor and maintain and be able to fix things immediately, id give it a shot. I do t have any nutrient solutions in it thank god. Just an airstone and a filter to keep the water flowing a clean. It helps alot with chlorine dissipation. I want to run a waterline to my shop and install a RO system, but huge sweet gum trees with 30ft diameter root systems block my way. So i went to rural king and got one of those 40gal plastic livestock troughs and i keep it filled out of the water hose.

3 Likes

That’s brilliant! I like your style. I used to use something like this in my reservoirs

Would turn on for 20 mins a day in the water reservoir on the left and 1 minute a day in the nutrient reservoir on the right. When I emptied the nutrient res I’d clean it and pump all the water through the filtration into the nute res, and throughout the week I’d fill the water res with dehumidifier and tap water.

3 Likes

Thats cool as shit. I forgot about using light to clean tanks. Im toying with the idea of throwing some big ole goldfish in there and treat it like a aquarium minus the chemicals. I tried using the water treatment stuff my last grow and it tanked my ph but was able to correct it in time and finished the harvest better than expected.

1 Like

Like aquaponics? Or just a water source? it would be full of nitrates, microbes, and fungi. They are very dirty fish! Could be beneficial, but challenging! I’ve heard of people watering with aquarium water :thinking:

1 Like

Just using it as a water source. Ive done it before in the past and had excellent results from it. Id even use it mixing teas. Its good stuff as long as you dont over do it.

1 Like

That is awesome :sunglasses:

Um, why do you want to drop hydroguard and add H2O2?

I have real good luck with Agsil 16H, Jack’s, MKP & Hydroguard. Cheap enough for a medium size DWC system, for sure.

2 Likes

@Jungle because the h2o2 does the exact same thing hydrogaurd does and is practically free. Just have to remember to add h2o2 to each top off.

2 Likes

I went straight to botanicare and they shipped me a quart 2 weeks ago. After your tip on southern ag…botanicare is now out of luck as far as I’m concerned. Thanks for the tip. I hate spending money on something when something else works just as good…but cheaper.

2 Likes