Do I have 2 separate strain's?

So this is my first grow, I got some Durban Poison seeds. I’m am using a 2x4 grow tent and have a decent DWC setup going. I am almost ready to harvest, but I’m pretty confident I have 2 different strains and just wanted to make sure I wasn’t crazy. They look like completely different buds. I have attached a picture of my set up and one of each bud type to help

15924186691723880430511338584878|375x500

3 Likes

Yeah it might seem that way but that is the way of the seed, different phenotypes from the same strain can seem very different. Planting a seed is playing the genetics lottery (or an unmarked box of chocolates), never know what you’re gonna get.

3 Likes

Okay, thanks for the help. Still learning!

1 Like

I am gonna say very likely. The top photo looks like durban poison would look with its genetics and the bottom not so much. However the qiestion here is do you know of the seeds where hybrids or a pure genetics? If they are hybrid you could have four and they all come out a bit different.

1 Like

The first photo is close to harvest, the second has weeks to go

1 Like

I bought them from this website and Durban Poison is a hybrid. They came out of the same pack of 5 seeds

Both of these were started on the same day and have been in the same tent next to each other. If the first one is ready dose that mean they are different strains?

It’s just genetics, they do what they want. I have two Amnesia Haze, one is ready, the other is three weeks behind, started at the same time. I also have two Northern Lights, one is 3 feet tall, the other only 2 feet tall. It’s just genetics, Every plant is different, you need to harvest them when they are ready.

If your plant has white pistils then it isn’t close. Look at the second picture and notice all the white hairs sticking up. They need to darken like in the first photo, At that point you need to examine the trichomes to get the buzz you want. If you do a search on topics you will find a chart that is shared, showing the type of buzz based on how many trichomes are clear, cloudy or amber colored.

3 Likes