DIY Light, 2x2, Scrog, Maui Wowie

I’m seem to be more impressed every time you update. I’m headed your way to take a class or two

4 Likes

You done good @MattyBear, real good. Enjoy :wink:

3 Likes

Wow, thanks everyone! The kind words and support from everyone makes my day! Happy growing my internet family! :v:

10 Likes

You deserve it all mate your grow is just perfect and I for one am learning alot as we go thank you Matty :v:

4 Likes

I really hope my SCROG turns out as beautiful as yours. You’re doing an amazing job, @MattyBear.

6 Likes

Out of likes, but thank you @raustin!

5 Likes

@Gspot here is another one…

Day 47 of flower

17 Likes

Those LED’s are making some good quality results @MattyBear!

6 Likes

i was thinking the same @Covertgrower

4 Likes

Good lawd looks like a lot of bud in that little tent. Nice work brother!

2 Likes

$4 a month to run the light is insanely cheap too :wink:

7 Likes

WOW!! that is what it is all about!!

2 Likes

Are you sure. I’m running 1000watts + another 300w light and it is $100 for me
How did you figure that out. I go by my bill. Cost before lights and cost after lights

3 Likes

Rates are in kwh, That’s 1000 watts per hour. That light pulls 105-106 watts per hour. So 106x12 hours a day= 1,272. If your paying $.10 for 1000, 1272 is just under $.13.

Are you 1000 watts on the dc side or ac side? If that’s what you have at the boards will be higher than at that wall. Also, did you account for fans, most of the ones people usually buy suck as far as efficiency goes. Could be your your rate is different, or you get penalized for being large consumer or something?

1 Like

I’ve always grown since I’ve lived in this house (almost 3 years now) so I didn’t have anything to compare to in terms of cost before and after growing at my house. That $4 a month is just the light in that tent, but I think that’s pretty damn good IMO

2 Likes

Well that makes sense. I am figuring everything fans, lights, timers, RO system etc.

2 Likes

I agree. It’s teally no different than running a 100 watt light bulb for 12 hours a day. $4 a month is about what you should expect to pay for something like that.

@MAXHeadRoom assuming your rate is the same, and the 1000 watts Is from the wall, I’d expect around $40 ish of that to be from lights. Dehumidifiers, heat and a/c usually the next biggest power leaches. After that fans. I’ve seen 6” fans pull up to 2 amps on 120v circuit. That’s about twice power as Matt’s light alone. All that stuff adds up quickly.

5 Likes

Dbrn lighting signage - love it!

5 Likes

Check it out @Flanigan
@MattyBear is a great guy and sure if you have any questions he would love ro give ya some guidance

5 Likes