Day 40 above ground

First grow. Looking for some feedback as I have no one to share my new hobby with. Any opinions appreciated. My concern is I was pretty rough with one of them and I’m sure I slowed it down. Keeping my hands off has been the hardest part.

IGLM GSC Extreme

Soil FFHF/5 gallon grow bag

Watered and fed base a and b every watering/watered when pots are light

Temp/RH/VPD 75f/60rh/1.2 VPD

Lighting has been kept around 40-45 dli/600-700 ppfd

15 Likes

Nice healthy looking plants. Humidity can be higher until flowering. I know what it’s like Looking at my plants, good thing the zipper on my tent is sturdy I wear mine out opening it to check on my girls

7 Likes

Thanks. Will bring humidity range up a little bit. Also meant to say water and nutes phd to 6.2-6.3 on watering. Do not have a good tds pen yet as I’d rather had ph pen first and wife says one toy a week.

1 Like

Oh I forgot welcome to the community. Ph is good range. I grow hydroponic and if my ph is at or close to 60 I don’t check anything else. This was my 4th grow and my success has been due to the master growers help on this forum. They are a awesome group! I enjoy watching grows and learning new techniques

12 Likes

Thanks for the welcome. Your bush is beautiful. Learned a lot so far and more to come.

4 Likes

Welcome to ilgm
Your plants are looking fine, as @John7 said humidity up just a little may help a bit.
As for ph in soil a tad higher may help as well 6.4 to 6.5. But not to worry at 6.3.
Good choose of stain as well. The GSCX is a very tolerant plant to insects and diseases, also a very good smoke.
As for a tds, as long as you water with so.e good runoff you should be good.
I’ll be watching as they should produce very nice colas. :+1:

6 Likes

Been watering till about 20% run off. Hope that’s about on par. Haven’t seen any signs of nute burn. Had a fan leaf that I believe got burned from water droplets from sloppy watering. We have sorted that out since that fiasco. :grin: Thanks folks for the reassurance of plant looking normal. Even after reading posts and looking at images of others progress there still is some doubt.

4 Likes

Well being your 1st grow there are a lot of things that come with experience. I would be very happy with what you have growing. These plants look way better than my 1st grow.
The 20% runoff is good

4 Likes

Just want to point out that not keeping your hands off is a big part of building experience. If you spend a lot of time with your plants, you’ll learn whats normal and know right away when somthing is wrong. Happy growing

9 Likes

I can see how this can become addicting. Already upgraded to a 6inch exhaust for my 4x2 tent. The 4 inch just didn’t keep the and temp in good spot for VPD.

So many folks have such different ways of growing and it’s interesting. I’ll hodgepodge my method together using a combination of my peers methods.

And constructive criticism is openly welcome. Thanks folks.

5 Likes

6 Likes

I was curious if anyone has used grow dots/recharge for a complete grow cycle. If so did it work out?

Also my last didn’t really lst. It turned out more to be a bend than an arch. Lesson learned. My question is I have so much undergrowth and I’m getting concerned about leaves stacking up on each other. I trimmed some yesterday, as it felt like the thing to do. Did I jump the gun?

5 Likes

Here are some other pictures

The bottom one is kind of lopsided. It seems healthy so I will leave be for a week besides minimum lst to open up.

Also when I start flowering should I shoot for a dli of about 35 for 18/6 schedule? Thanks.

6 Likes

As a first time grower I wanted to share that I had a helmet stuck on sprouting on my bigger plant. For weeks it was smaller but always looked healthy.

Here’s the sprout.

Here it is about two weeks. I was thinking it was a runt, but was green so I let it go. I had to perform helmet removal surgery on the sucker. Had me and my wife on edge for a sec. Had one cotyledon, the other was gnarly and fell off.

And at 40-41 days it’s taking off (I think)

It had been topped, accidentally from a little to much lst. Made me cry a little. That was 4 weeks old.

4 Likes

As far as pruning goes, I cut off anthing touching the soil or so low that they get soaked when watering. Beyond that I pick out just enough to maintain airflow through the canopy. A few weeks into flower i also remove the bottom 20-30% of the plant. It helps cut down on popcorn an redirect that energy to the top nug.

3 Likes

Thanks. I feel I can get my watering can underneath it much easier now. Do you apply anything to a fresh cut or let it go? So far I haven’t applied anything and no bad reaction.

As far as lighting, when should I adjust dli/ppfd for flowering based of your experience ?I think I am starting to see signs of preflower.

2 Likes

I don’t put anything on the wound. Just make sure whatever you use is clean. When to flower is largely a matter of preference and space available. Each plant will double in size throughout flower. My preference is longer veg and bigger plants. I have plenty of space though so that may not be right for everyone.

3 Likes

I think I may get crowded in my 4x2 if they double in size. I hope I do. :grin:

2 Likes

Ya I would switch to 12/12 soon. When you see the first pistils appear, start the flower clock. Usually 1-2 weeks after you switch lights

2 Likes

We use grow dots and recharge in a mix of buffered coco, perlite, rice hulls and worm castings.

We do add silica and sometimes cal mag but overall easy.

3 Likes