Correcting 7.8 Run off

First time I have done a run off test. Should I water with 6.0 or lower? And after the run off test, the soil is soaked. Do I do the correction now and soak her further? or wait a day or two to correct?

If you soaked within gh 24 hours you should be ok

1 Like

Not sure whats going on, have been flushing my plant’s run off. It started at 7.8 calibrated ph meter every gallon and is now 9.1 after flushing 7 gallons of 6.0 and lower PH water. Why is it going up and not down? Am I supposed to be using very low PH water to bring it down or just use 6.0 or something. Going to try a lower PH water like 5.5 see if that helps. I just don’t know what im doing here @blackthumbbetty @kellydans

Okay I would start by verifying my pH meter in a clean new 7 solution. With a 7.8 pH runoff I would water in at 5.8 and it may take more than one time to get it where you want it. Just use pH water with no other additives.

1 Like

Thanks I literally was lost on this , dont understand why after 8 gallons it hasnt changed. Ill keep at it, let it rest a couple days

1 Like

Yes it might take a couple waterings to get where you need to be you’re just basically splitting the difference to get there. What kind of pH meter do you have. @SeaSeaside_guy1

It’s called HM digital, has served me right in the past. I use a 4.0 solution to calibrate, just because that what came with the box.

1 Like

You really need to do a two point calibration. It’s not going to be as accurate with a one point calibration you’re basically calibrating on the low end of the range. PH ranges from 0 to 14. solution 7 being in a midpoint is a good reference solution. Hope that helps

1 Like

Thanks, buying 7.0 calibration solution now.

1 Like

Right now, you’re releasing everything from the medium. Flush til it’s where you want it. You will need probably a minimum of 3x the water as your pot’s size, ie 5 gal pot gets 15+ gals of water

3 Likes

Do this ALL AT THE SAME SESSION. It might take over an hour.

2 Likes

Ok will continue

Are you in soil? If so do you have stone, rock or cement chunks in the bottom of your pot? When I first set mine up I used cinder block chunks for drainage in the bottom of my pots and was having runoff of 8-9 ph because of all the calcium carbonate in the cement or something like that.

No rocks of any kind, and yep in soil.

1 Like

Weird, I will be watching, as I want to know others opinion on this as well.

1 Like

Do you have a dog? And if so, does the dog like to pee on trees?

No animals lol.

What kind of soil?

About half Fox Farm and rest worm castings

1 Like

Nice, but that kills my other idea.

1 Like