Congratulations, it’s a boy?

Am I on my way back to having a seed making empire? This one is in his/her own home and was actually looking for a male to make crosses with CBD cannabis. Did I just have a bouncing baby boy?

1 Like

Yep, congrats!

3 Likes

So sorry :cry:

Sorry for your loss

Looks like you hit the jackpot :smiley:

2 Likes

Well then congratulations on your new boy

3 Likes

DampShockingArcticwolf-max-1mb

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Sorry.

But yeah, totally looks like nanner wonderland and congrats!

2 Likes

Haha haha!!! Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks all! I was a little worried I had thrown the entire cosmos of chance off by planting 4 regular seeds and getting 4 girls. Whew!! The universe can sit back down now.
While I know most growers aren’t always into supporting male flowering cannabis, I do want to keep him happy and making premium quality pollen. Do I follow the same feeding schedule as my girls, and would “harvest” time change for a male over female? Anyone out there doing the same thing? Thanks again!

2 Likes

Following, curious about the answer to this. I’m sort of hoping one of my Purple Urkles will end up male and I can use him to pollinate an auto - my brain translates that into endless semi-auto seeds. But the odds of getting a male to drop the pollen at the same time my ideal auto (Blueberry) is gonna be flowering may be difficult. If the pollen is harvestable or it’s possible to keep a male in a perpetual state of producing, that’s even better.

2 Likes

You can let the male mature and when it has bananas all over you can cover it with a plastic bag and pull it up then turn upside down and shake the shit out of it. You will collect the pollen in the bottom of the bag. Then use a turkey baster to suck it up and directly pollinate plants by squeezing it out on buds

6 Likes

I use a bread bag. Cover a mature male limb. Make sure it is MATURE and ready to bust open. Reach up into the bag and cut it shorter than the bread bag. Twist tie it back shut and let the pollen sacks open up. Shake the heck out of it for 5 days or so, then throw the plant material away. Keep the pollen until you need it. I’ve used 4 year old pollen with no problems.

4 Likes

Is the harvest time roughly the same? Or do males produce pollen quicker than a female produces flower?

2 Likes

After about 2 weeks of seeing signs of male or fem males us up ally start to pop about a week or so after showing some a bit more but if ur not wanting pollen in the room I’d say remove before a week to play safe. Pollen makes is ways to the neighbors house lol. Congrats tho. Have fun making babies there

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, better move the tent then. I have a separate Bachelor’s Pad grow armoire for it.

2 Likes

2 Likes