Buying a new motorcycle is a PITA now days

Man O Man is buying a new bike a PITA!!! They either don’t have them because of idiot college boys and politicians or they want 1/3 more than there worth and all the sudden doc fee’s that use to not exist or where under a C-Note are now $300. I think the idiots willing to pay and those that caused it should be tortured at a drastic level. Not to mention driving other cost up. From the cost and shortage of simple ammo reloading supplies to even the cost of currently having my home replumbed. Poor plumber working on my home now I’ve known for years and he isn’t making a dime on martials because his cost are so high he wont screw a old pro from a sister industry. I want a new hot water circ pump installed. I went back to a old employer and bought two pumps in my industry I retired from and he was going to get screwed for 3x the amount I paid for two, one as a replacement. Pretty sad now days…

3 Likes

Everything’s completely outrageous these days.

What kind of bike are you looking at? There’s a large handful of us enthusiasts around here :metal:

My 2 ladies (plates are returned so I didn’t cover)

3 Likes

I love the old LTD. I am sitting on just a Goldwing now. Thank goodness kept it. Gas way too high.

2 Likes

I wish it weren’t so true. Best of luck man

Here is my 700 pound monster.

6 Likes

Wife would love that back seat… throne

2 Likes

Until you wanna put in 800 miles in a run. Then it rocks. Cruising at 85 with cruise control and radio blasting for hours.

3 Likes

That is exactly what she calls it. We have ridden together 34 years. She can sit on ANY type of bike with me. Never holds on. Stays straight up no leaning to “help”. Only time i know she is there is wind or a slap to my helmet meaning drop under 100 or else.

2 Likes

@Blastfact That Wing you have is sooo low. I love it. Mine can get flaky on hard curves. She is a tad top heavy and drifts. Period. No amount of lean will bring it in at speed. Yours would dust me in mountains.

Totally understand. We slowly transitioned from my rockets to cruiser to wings. As we grow older the vacations on bikes are harder on us and comfort is key. It is a heavy hold at stop. Getting tougher…older wings take practice…but once we are rolling we typically go 2-4 hours before a 20 minute break. Last run back from Corpus we did 12 hours 3-4 breaks.

1 Like

Sorry to chat so much right now but Bikes/electronics/gardening are my passions in life now. All the other fun stuff beat the crap outa me…:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Closest thing I’ve had to anything like that was my Triumph Speed Master. She loved that thing too.

We don’t ever use it long rides. She’s content at around 3 hours… any longer and I’m pushing it. :joy:

1 Like

My Uncles bonneville would flat run also. For 650 cc it would long drag almost anything. Hit top gear…daaaaamn. Triumph fun bikes.

1 Like

Yessir.

I wish sport bikes got good fuel economy, when driven nicely. I mean, spirited driving, is what it is.
I looked at the 1000RR, and 30ishmpg is on a good day.

1 Like

I’m looking for a bike to take with me traveling. The FTR is one of the considerations, another is the speed twin.

Due to the stupidity of people paying what they due, the prices are nuts. I will probably dual sport my xr400, or mod the wifes vf750c for two up riding. I really regret selling my xr650r, IMO the best dual sport conversion out there.

2 Likes

Do people ask to use your restroom? Just kidding I’m an old school H-D rider and I’ve seen the lifestyle change so much I don’t do Daytona or Sturgus because it’s all about $$$$ now. I won’t go to a dealership either only independent’s.

2 Likes