Buds stopped or slowed down

Hi im new to all of this, got 1 bubblegum in the back and at the front 1 purple berry kush, both sitting on 12 weeks but still not showing big buds, any suggestions.

2 Likes

What type of bulb is in the light?

3 Likes

@Skydiver , that is a high pressure sodium. (Hps)
@Jeeves are you sure timer is working properly? 12 weeks since 12/12 or are 12 wk old auto’s?

4 Likes

It goes up to 600+

2 Likes

Hi the current time is 18hrs on and believe the timer is working its new only last week.

1 Like

Are they auto’s?

1 Like

Yea all Auto

Not good to dim a hps bulb regardless if dimmer on ballast or not. Run it full power or life of bulb will be reduced

3 Likes

Nive one, just turned it up to its full 600+

2 Likes

Also it’s far to late to get anything really worth it off those plants man… sorry to say it but better luck on next grow

1 Like

Check here by pinching this calyx, you might have seeds. If it’s got a hard middle its seeds. If it’s full of goo it’s normal calyx swell. :eyes: a bit seedy here. I have seen pollination make the buds stop filling out to develop the seeds.

1 Like

Im not a auto guy. But i would suggest changing your lights to 12 12. Not sure how she would finish, like you could possibly still stretch. Sorry i cannot help much. Worth a try at this point. This is y i prefer photos, i wanna control them.

2 Likes

I’d suggest taking them all out of the hps light and use a bright white light and give them a good look over definitely something going on.

Idk how easily hermies are detected with an hps but white/daytime light will make it stick out like a sore thumb atleast imo.

Cause definitely seems like there is likely seeds just from what can be seen.

1 Like

I would switch to LED at your first opportunity. Even used. The spectrum and heat/efficiency are FAR superior. Just a suggestion. Cant really see the plants under that bulb. Take them out into white light for photos.

3 Likes

Need to see pictures under normal light. Looks kind of like its revegging theres a bunch of single finger leaves and some have smooth edges instead of saw blade edges. Theres a lot of wierd growth going on as well

5 Likes

Yeah , that was my first thought when I saw those smooth edge leafs.

4 Likes

Hi the plants smell very nice as if there is buds somewhere, light is now on 12/12 and using good nutrients.

3 Likes

I’m not expert but I’m guessing she’s reveging or something. I’m seeing a lot of what looks like flat edges vs the typical serration which I believe is a sign of reveg.

3 Likes

Roll with the 12/12 light schedule. I have seen some weird genetics in auto plants over the last few years but I would finish them out. Good luck :v:

Thanks i have switched to 12/12 and hoping for the best, how often would you prune?