THATS not right !!! Move them or chop them the thieves will be back… unfortunately
Some people begin to defoliate mid flower, as the buds start building. Encouraging airflow. You can spray with JMS stylet oil to help prevent the set in of botrytis. You can enclose or at least put a roof over plants before inclement weather.
Some strains are more resistant to molds/mildews.
Choosing a quicker flowering strain can help in locations where weather gets bad by the end of sept.
High,
Thanks for the information. I will certainly use it next growing season. I did not plan on this grow being so big. I had 8 seeds and all survived and all are female. Last year I had two clones. They got to be four foot and I expected these to do the same. Little did I know. I have about two to maybe three weeks to go. Maybe sooner. I hope they can finish without too much loss.
Ger
Hey…!!! Where are you located…??? I had the same issue with powdery mildew and bud rot starting. I chopped my Super Skunk 2 days ago, I had mostly cloudy with a lil bit of amber. If you don’t like couchlock I would push them for 75/25 cloudy/amber. As for powdery mildew I used a Bud Wash solution and they turned out amazing…
High,
I am from Michigan where are you at?
Ger
@thedeernad, @Covertgrower @Drinkslinger
High,
I am really not sure what happened with a bud, it looked like bud rot but I cannot find any other “crap” and it’s been a few days. They look healthy to me, should I take more leaves off? Thanks for all your help.
Ger
Any yellowing leaves can be removed. They’re on their way to death anyways.
Ok scissors are ready to get rid of the yellowing ones. Thanks
Ger
Genetics plays an important role here. If bud rot is a big concern in your area, grow strains that have some resistance. It doesn’t mean you won’t get rot but it will fare better IME
I got it bad last year, and mildly this year. This year, I made sure I chose mold resistant strains, and I defoliated, and I sprayed tea tree oil on the plants throughout the vegetative stage. I also planted the seedlings with myke when I transplanted them (beneficial fungi that help prevent disease). I have also been checking on the plants every day, and moving the buds away from the stems when possible. Next year, I am going to do all those things, but also make sure I have more room in between my plants for air flow (They grew bigger than expected for me too) and also build a roof for them prior to the rain starting.
Also, when drying I read a tip to have a diffuser with tea tree oil going - since the spores are airborne, apparently if the spores go into the air, the tea tree oil kills the spores before they can move to another plant.
My favourite quote that gets me through the loss of bud rot… “the more you grow, the more you know!”
High,
Yep already done.
Ger
I too had a case of bud rot this year. The outdoor plant was never rained upon nor was there an airflow issue.
i believe the cause, in my case, was a slug enjoying the fruit of my labor. A few days before I noticed the affected bud, I saw several half eaten fan leaves and glistening slug slime on other leaves throughout the plant. Another forum inmate felt his rotten bud issues came from worms he found making homes within his plant.
I harvested the next day not to take any chances. Washed and dried. So far they are curing without incident.
So it may not always be rain or excessive airborne humidity as a catalyst to begin the rotting process. There can be other extenuating circumstances initiating the this awful mold.
Came home after the long weekend and a small amounts of mold had spread throughout my last four plants. Not whole moldy buds, just little bits of mold in very thick areas. Just went through them and thinned them out then took two down so my shelter would have more airflow for the last two. I think I’ve removed the majority of it so hoping I can keep the last two going for a couple more weeks but Im afraid it might have spread too far. Fingers crossed I’ve kept it under control! I’m using the tea tree oil diffuser trick in my drying room to see if it will help with the harvested plants. Does anyone recommend spraying the two growing with tea tree oil one last time to stop the spread or should I just cut my losses? Supposed to be sunny for the next few days…






