Best Harvest Tools - first timer

I am still at least 3-4 weeks away but was interested in the best tools for harvesting. Hydro centric.
I want to be prepared and not relying on Amazon Prime to get it to me just in time.

i.e.
sheers,
drying rack/bags
storage jars

Any tips are appreciated as well.
thanks!

1 Like

Welcome , I like to have a bowl of alcohol to clean my scissors occasionally an fingers. Cold beer also nice while trimming. Good luck :v: :+1:

5 Likes

I use dollar store scissors that I just throw away when they get gummed up.

I use a sweater dryer and hang it over a shower curtain rod in an unused bathroom. It’s a small room so it is easy to control humidity and temperature.

Some use Ball jars for curing and storage, but a lot of the growers here use Grove Bags.

2 Likes

A good wife who will do all of it is great!
I dont have that… :rofl: :joy:

4 Likes

@MidwestGuy You should consider buying you good set of chikamasa Scissors. They’re about 25 bucks but worth every penny of it. :+1::v:

2 Likes

When it comes to cleaning, Everclear will do it much better and faster than Isopropyl.
If doesn’t take much to get the scissors clean.

3 Likes

Chainsaw
Tree pruners
16’ cattle panels suspended over humidifier, dehumidifier and fans for drying
Family pack of trim bins x6 about 20 trim scissors sitting jars of everclear for cleaning
5 gallon buckets for curing and boveda packs in the buckets for storage although im considering grove products.
Bright led lights to see better and trailer park boys on tv. And all weekend.

2 Likes

Not quite harvest tools but will help you achieve a solid harvest.

Leaf blower. I like to hit the garden with a leaf blower after any sort of rain. (While in flower) This help remove any extra moisture that may be lingering on the flowers. A leaf blower is also very helpful if you are experiencing ash from local while fires.

Trellis. This is used to creat fake walls while hanging/drying. So much easier then running 100 strings to hang all the branches. Simply hang a piece of trellis and you have all sorts of areas to hang/dry.

Collect your finger hash. Sometimes it accumulates so… sometimes it accumulates fast! This is a super good little treat after an hr or so of trimming.

1 Like

Thanks but not sure how well a leaf blower will go over in the house… :wink:
You might have missed this is a hydro setup. Still good info!

2 Likes

Hahah oh yes sorry about that. Kinda on a one track mine this morning. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A few of the essentials are pictured.

I use two pairs. Use one while the other soaks in alcohol.

I dry trim so a trim tray is a must

I like S hooks (bent wire) to hang branches while drying

3 Likes

I actually like the chikmasa scissors with the Spring , But my wife likes the one without Spring So we have 6 pairs 3 with Springs 3 without. You have to be careful an not nick fingers they are razor sharp. :+1::v:

4 Likes