After SERIOUS NITROGEN BURN, STILL HAVING ISSUES!

Greetings all, I have a Ghost Train and Bruce Banner going and they are about 5 weeks into flowering!! About 2 or 3 weeks ago, I took them outside and flushed the daylights out of them because I had done a soil test and the Nitrogen WAS OFF THE SCALE! I ran a soil test a couple days ago, my pH may be up around 7ish, Nitrogen was VERY LOW, Phosphorus was a little low and Potash was medium to high!! I have given these girls one application of Beasty Blooms which is a 0-50-30 product used in flowering. I also gave them a recommended dose of Recharge which is a microbial Super PAC replenisher. They both started to look like they were coming around as several of the leaves of course the edges had been burned and they were turning a little bit brownish, now Iā€™m starting to get a new problem where some of the fan leaves are turning like a yellowish color and theyā€™re just very limp they donā€™t seem like theyā€™re strong and healthy at all. I would greatly greatly appreciate any advice that the forum could give me immediately things I should be doing what I can do to turn these girls around because they still have of course another three or four weeks of flowering and I just want to try to get them as healthy as I possibly can asap. Iā€™m posting some pictures if you can please get back with me as soon as possible. Thank you, Jim

1 Like

How much of the Beastie bloom are you giving them? Full dose?

What was your last runoff number both PPM/ph

1 Like

Iā€™m going out on a limb here but I believe that 0-50-30 shouldnā€™t be used as regular feed. I would think any more than a gram of this stuff will burn your plants alive. I believe this stuff is a boost. (one shot deal)

1 Like

What method did you use to test specifically nitrogen Growmie :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

This resembles a potassium deficiency. Need some run off PH and PPMs numbers :love_you_gesture:

Beastie bloomz is for mid late flowering, to be given every second watering. ProTip, always start nutes at 1/2 the recommended dose and titrate upā€¦you canā€™t undo burn, but you can usually restore an underfed plant to near perfect health.

Agree would be good to see ph and ppm from runoff.

Not much to go on so a total guess hereā€¦but looks like they got burned, flushed hard, and now may actually be wanting nutes.

4 Likes

Welcome to ILGM! Good advice aboveā€¦

OG I think u actually missed a mark for once. lol definitely looks like N. The yellow tips on K deficiency is usually more uniform on the tips and grows inwards as it shows its face. Those look like the classic ā€˜pinted toes nailsā€™ of N toxicity just a bit too much.

The yellowing, is probably just signs of the flush. Looks like a symptom of overwatering. Since u flushed two weeks ago, we can rule out that (u less they yellowed the days following the flush). So Iā€™m wondering, how are your watering habits? And how is her soil drying out?

As plants mature, the water uptake drops near the end of flower. 5 weeks is usually too soon for that but you have nicely swollen calyx showing.

All that is purely speculation of course. Goes back to this

And this

1 Like

As far as testing N, I use the soil test kits that you can purchase at Loweā€™s, which leads me to my very next question is there an any better soil test kit than those that you can purchase at like Loweā€™s or home depot?

When you are talking about ppm and pH, im assuming your talking ppm of the Beasty, and what kind of pH number im getting in my run off water? And UNFORTUNATELY, I dont have a pH pen yet, but have a friend that will be giving me one. I have just been using RAIN WATER to water my girls, and am ASSUMING THAT SHOULD BE PERFECT ON THE pH!! Which leads me to another question, I have a local grow supply place, and that guy has told me you ALWAYS WANT TO WATER WITH pHā€™d water of around 6.4, what are your feelings on that as well?? Im still kind of a Newbie, but LEARNING AS MUCH AS I CAN AS QUICKLY AS I CAN!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY ADVICE YOU CAN GIVE ME

1 Like

Hello Lostgirl, how are you doing hun? Thank You for your replys! I am still kind of new at this, but LEARNING QUICKLY! When your talking about ppm and pH, are you meaning ppm orf the Beasty, and the pH water runoff number?

Hi OG, when your talking ppm and pH numbers are you talking runoff numbers? Im KIND OF A NEWBIE and dont have a pH pen yet, but a bud is supposed to be lending me one. I understand the pH is VERY IMPORTANT, and ALL I HAVE GIVEN MY GIRLS IS RAIN WATER. I do have a guy in a local grow supply place here that says your water should be phed at like 6.2 to 6.4 but I have just been using my soil test kit to check that, is that what you would recommend?

1 Like

Just the little soil test kit you can get at Loweā€™s! Is there a BETTER TEST FOR CHECKING EVERYTHING?

I donā€™t think we are supposed to share personal information on here. Probably should edit out your number.

1 Like

Not that I would trust. Telling the composition of nutes in soil is NOTORIOUSLY hard outside of a lab. A few brands claim they can, but itā€™s more akin to snake oil to me. Better than nothing? Possible. But learning to read your plants is invaluable. Only issue is, that is reactive instead of proactive.

Not exactly. Knowing the ppm/pH of your solution before pouring is always helpful. But if you donā€™t know those numbers to your soil, how do you know what to add? Iā€™d get a slurry test asap. Which requires a pH pen. And a ppm pen. The pH one, you donā€™t skimp on. The Apera 20 is a fixture in my grow op. Mandatory. The ppm pen u can get a 12$ holler from Amazon. Google slurry and test your soil. Iā€™d get numbers from the plantsā€™ soil then if you have the original, maybe test it as well. Nice comparison points to know how sheā€™s eating and how the pH is trending.

Rainwater has minimal ppms so the pH reflects whatever medium it is added to. In general, it is around 6-7, but if itā€™s under around 100 ppms, it will follow the medium.

No problem with the help. We are all here for the same reasons my friend. And as stated, watch the personal info exchange. Definitely a no no. For you as well as the siteā€™s safety.

1 Like

Nothing to add to the spot on explanation from @PurpNGold74. Would say itā€™s a crap shoot without a PH and TDS meter using synthetic fertilizer. Organic style of growing wouldnā€™t need either monitored but knowing your root zone PH is imperative IMO. Brother Purp I tossed the Potassium deficiency due to the classic burnt edges across both sides of the leaves, but always appreciate an older Dawg correcting my assumption :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

Haha nah I was poking the bear. Youā€™re on the job n handling business all the time man. I saw what you seen as well. And you could be right too. Could be N tox leading to K deficiency.

It was this that

made me say it. More defined ends. That big one stands out

4 Likes

Hi PurpNGold, I want you to know I super appreciate the help. Today, it appears that some of the branches are becoming VERY LIMP!! AND when your talking ppmā€™s, and being under 100 and it following the medium, can you explain that a little bit further?

And just one more thing. My roomie is an OLD TIME GROWER, and has insisted growing these girls indoors, and moving them out into the sun when its out. We are in VA, (Think I can say thatšŸ˜) and the temps get pretty cool here, im SURE THATS NOT HELPING THESE GIRLS WITH RECOVERY.

OH AND SORRY, ā€œLAST THINGā€! Can it hurt a plant to be clipping buds off before harvest time? Its DEFINITELY NOT ME DOING IT, BUT my roomie! UGH
Thanks PurpNGold, now I have to try and edit my post!!

Got that edited! Thank You

1 Like

Hi Lostgirl, I apologize for putting the personal info in the post! I have edited that out. I did get a reply from PurpNGold, and he explained that if the ppms are under 100, that it would follow whatever medium you put it in, I think the pH is more what he was discussing? If you have a moment, can you further explain because you were the first one to talk about the ppm/pH. I am QUICKLY REALIZING that a pH pen is PRETTY IMPERATIVE when your growing indoors. I am using fabric grow pots with these 2 girls, and found it pretty tough to stay on top of the watering. I had bought a relatively inexpensive 4 way meter that measures Light, pH, Nutrients, and ā€œMOISTUREā€, im starting to think its not totally accurate? Thanks for your reply lost girl!!

Got that edited! Thank You