600 watt hps/mh how much coverage?

how much space can i flower in if i get a 600watt hps/mh . sadly i fell for the amazon blurple scam fortunately im cancelling the order and forgoing meds this week cus i feel its worht the investment
just wanna make sure im not wasting my time …again

1 Like

Good question. I read something on the net that said it would do a 5x5. But then I read you want about 50 watts a sq ft. That would only be about half. So, I put 2 of the suckers up. Lets ask
@db

for some reason that post won’t let me tag @dbrn32 looks like stis one won’t either.

@dbrn32 or @Hellraiser both would know

1 Like

wow just like that. Took me 3 tries to tag someone for some reason.

1 Like

@Foeshamer, those buds I posted are from following Hellraisers grow guide.

1 Like

A 4x4 for sure. A 5x5 might be cutting it close.

Hellraiser ran one is his 3x3, he did well.

But I really think a 600w HPS would rock a 4x4

5 Likes

4x4. You could run one in 5x5 but light density is pretty low.

4 Likes

Amazing in a 3x3, satisfactory in a 4x4, underwhelming in a 5x5 - 1000 watt HPS much better for that kinda space.

4 Likes

Been using 600 watt HID lights for years. I have to agree with hellraiser on this one

3 Likes

I Flowered 8 Ladies each with multiple tops in an 8x4 tent using a 1000 watt HPS if I were to do it over I would purchase two 600 watt setups one for each side of the tent simply to improve my footprint but I still was able to flower all 8 with just the one in the 8 x4

3 Likes

@Hellraiser tyvm i think i will lessen my space a little as just getting the 600 watt is going to set me back a lil farther than anticipated . thats what i get for ordering my seeds and soils nutes lights etc all at once lol

2 Likes

if you dont mind how was the yield and density . my biggest fear is im going to end up with a bunch of stragggley stringy buds .

1 Like

I had Great results and even better feedback for those whom I asked their opinion on the bud. I did not end up with fluffy buds in my experience.

Your hood is going to play a big roll in this equation…
I run 600 watt hps with oldschool magnetic ballist and scrogg tables are 5’x4’ and usually pull 1 1/2 to 3 pounds depending on strain and my hoods are 8" xxxl , forgot the brand name tho…
I’ll have to look…
Oh ya , they are sun system hoods…
I love my setup…
Also I would suggest scrogging…
It will really maximize your yield and density…
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like