How to calculate electricity consumption of your lights and other appliance 💲💡💻📈

Here’s the formula for calculating the kilowatt consuming by your appliance (true watts consumption)

The formula is : Number of hours of utilisation × Number of days ×( Number of watts have your lights ÷1000) example : 300 watts ÷ 1000 = 0.3 kilowatt. A schedule of 18/6 for 30 days gone a give :18×30×0.3= 162 kilowatt for 30 days. That’s gone a give you how much kilowatt your lamp or appliance are consuming in a definite time, just multiply by the rate of your local electricity distributor charging.

Hoping that’s gone a help as much as possible my fellow grower’s :wink::innocent::v:

Niala

11 Likes

Good info @Niala I’m sure that will be helpful

1 Like

Thanks @Countryboyjvd1971 :+1::v::innocent:

Sure thing bro
I’m sure a lot of the peeps where trying to figure this out
You have more patience than I do for teaching lol
Good for you :+1::v:

1 Like

@Swan1234 this might interest you I saw your thread and saw this

1 Like

Hey! Bro, just trying to help :wink: :innocent: And I love to do so, for fellow grower’s who need it :innocent::+1::v:

1 Like

It’s already done @Countryboyjvd1971 :wink::innocent:

1 Like

Yep lol @Niala @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

@Niala, great info,even tho I’m an outdoor grower, and for the cost of it ,I will be abkevto work out if viable option for me through out winter thank you

1 Like

handy dandy info @Niala thanks for the input to find the output!!lol

1 Like

You’re welcome @Coltfire and thanks for the good word :grinning::innocent::+1::v:

Lmao, tiguidou lyloo :joy: :sweat_smile: :wink: you’re welcome @BIGE :grinning::wink::innocent::v:

Wow… my HPS will cost me $26.54 per month to run.
Mine sleep during the day, during the costly time to use electricity here.
They’re awake mostly during the cheap time!

Ooh, and btw, I wired it 240v.

1 Like

You probably forgot to take the royalty fee in your calculation because I do not know anywere who’s local electricity compagny charging total around 8. 23 cents per kilowatt/hour. If you do, you are a very lucky man.

I don’t know what you’re trying to achieved here, however, I don’t wish to play that game, and sincerly wish you all the good and a happy growing @Traumamedic

@Niala

Well for one, I told you I wired at 240 volts.
It’s only drawing 1.2 amps.
And for two, we belong to a co-op.
And three, I get a discount on electricity because I work for the electric company.

And what game are you talking about playing?
I never directed anything at you!

1 Like

Cool, so you are a lucky man, sorry if I misinterpretated your intention and apologise if I hurt your feeling in anyway possible. :v::innocent:

Lmao…

Ok

1 Like

Lmao :grinning::+1::ok_hand::v::innocent:

1 Like

What other math do we have to do if using 240?

Thank You @Niala… This formula is exactly what I needed for my new grow room,…
I’m not sure how to link my journal…

"Building a BIGGER grow room… "
Thanks Again… :deciduous_tree::dash::upside_down_face::sunglasses:

1 Like