When should I top this plant?

So for anyone interested here is what I do when preparing clones…I took clippings when I put them in flower (just before) and didn’t get around to prepping them till last night… kept them in water and I also took some from flower last night so some monster cropped some not…here are some pics to follow along…this is what I use…

This is what I do… first cut clipping to size at 45° angle scrape about a quarter inch or so at bottom of stalk then dip into clonex generously covering where you scraped then immediately put into starter plug the trim excess leaves cut tips of what leaves you do keep and repeat…I generally take twice as many or more so I can choose the best ones to keep and to give to my friends also in case some don’t take but doing it this way so far they have all rooted… let’s see how this batch does…

I need to go get some more plugs as I want to take 5 more ssh and 6 more sd to fill the tray… @BIGE @M4ur

16 Likes

Love it, other than the plugs that’s how I did it way back when. Look forward to getting back into having sep grow areas

3 Likes

i’m going to do some cloning this weekend @WillyJ

3 Likes

Thx friend :+1:… This is good information for me :+1::+1::+1:
I have 100% successfully in my last try out, and that is because of you :wink::+1:

3 Likes

Great tutorial @WillyJ thanks for the info

1 Like

I never tried scraping the outer layer off, what does this do @WillyJ?
My success rates are great, just curious.

2 Likes

That is what I learned…gives more area for roots a friend told me you can just make little cuts also but I stick with scraping it works well for me… @Covertgrower

1 Like

You going to do some photos this time? @Screwauger

The pic with the tray with the dome under the light there is a heating mat under the tray

1 Like

I always did the scrape, opens up more tissue for roots to propagate.

@WillyJ no I think this next grow will be auto’s again. By then I ope to get a second tent and turn this one into a veg/clone area.

3 Likes

Thanks you very much for the tutorial! Very thoughtful of you! What kind of tray is that and did it come with the dome?

1 Like

No problem @Momtomask and it’s a kit I bought at the grow store but you can buy everything separately also…it’s a 55 site starter tray comes with the plugs and then you buy the refills as needed,a dome,heating pad,2 bulb 2ft T5 light with hanging stand for around $50 but like I said you can buy things separately…works great…just looked it up it’s $105… more than I remember but in my opinion worth it…look up htg seed starter kit…edit again you can get it without the light for $34.50

1 Like

Super silver haze

8 Likes

looking good @WillyJ ,i’m going to do some cloning today.
NL/SKYOG/GG

2 Likes

How’s the cc doing? @BIGE

1 Like

I have most of those items - but I don’t think I have been doing the tray part right. I will revamp today during weekend plant care and post a pic on my thread. Getting this cloning aspect right is so important to the rotation cycle. Thanks again for the guidance :+1:t3:

There is one of those heat mats under the tray

7 Likes

chugging along,i get a pic today…
i’m going to drag all of them out clean under their skirts…
i’ll take some clones too…
i have two phenos on the GG,i’m going to clone the one with tighter nodes and thicker stems…
we will see how things go.lol i’ll document the important stuff

3 Likes

@WillyJ how big was the tray you use for seeds and do you still use plugs

1 Like

It’s probably around 1’×2’ and yes I use starter plugs @Royc in that pic I’m using a small tray that holds the plugs and that is inside the bigger tray

1 Like

@Smokin_ernie here it is back about 20 posts

3 Likes