When should I start feeding these seedlings?

So even though I watered with that 1/2 gallon and feed yesterday should I wait till they dry a little or just go ahead and water till run off today?

1 Like

To start I’d say yes quarter to half does as if.im not mistaken ff nutes run a bit hott I’ve never used them before I ran GH and jacks with some AN additives

How light does the pot feel if it has weight like it hasn’t drank any of wait it out a day or to .put a pic up let’s see the plant again now as she sits.

Here is all three just now, pots definitely feel lighter than yesterday and are dry on top

1 Like

Yep me myself I would soak it down slowly tho to make sure to get all soil wet run half gallon slowly then wait 5 to 10 min and run another half gallon in and repeat til u get runoff. When u get drips give it another little bit of water half gallon or so. Let so much drip off then get a shallow bowl and catch some of the drips enough to dump in a shot glass or so and check the pH and ppms of what u catch. That will tell u alot about the plant. When u get the runoff numbers come back and report that. Be sure to get the pH and ppms of the water u put in also so take ro water mix calmag in that til u get about 200 ppm or so pH that to soil 6.5 coco 5.8 then slowly water remember write down before u water ppm and pH and when it comes out bottom of bag let some drip then catch some and get them numbers. Good luck. I think the water will help alot myself

1 Like

Ok I’ll report back after it’s all done with some numbers!

1 Like

We will be here patiently waiting

1 Like

@Mark0427 @Covertgrower
Input water was 5.89 ph and 208ppm added 1.25 tsp of cal mag to a gallon of water and tested every time I made another batch. Also notice the run off was ppt not ppm, my meter automatically switched it. Also my medium was ph adjusted to 6.5 before I planted.

1 Like

Why is my run off ppm so high? Could it be all the Particles from the peat throwing it off? If so would it be better for me to test the EC instead? If so what are the numbers for that

Because you’ve never watered to runoff before. You’re barely getting out all the expended nutrients and salt build up. This is why we recommended watering to runoff. It prevents this sort of thing.

3 Likes

I’ve only ever watered with distilled and only fed one time

1 Like

Your medium has to have nutrients in it (the miracle grow starter soil, for example).

You necessarily have expended nutrients. There’s no way your plants have made it this far without eating something, regardless of where it came from (feed or soil)

2 Likes

Yea I agree, I just didn’t think that small amount would give me numbers like that. What would you recommend me do?

1 Like

Continue feeding and watering with 20% run off, and you’ll stay on track.

2 Likes

So nothing to correct the high run off ppm? Just continue from now on with 20% run off? So on my next watering I’ll feed till run off and then the following I’ll just water. Is there a run off ppm number I should be looking for?

2 Likes

Correct.

As long as you’re watering to run off, they’ll be slightly higher coming out, than going in. As long as it’s not astronomically high, I wouldn’t stress the numbers much. I don’t even check run off unless I see an issue.
You’ll have higher numbers for a few more waterings, but should stabilize after awhile.

Yea 7,000 ppm just seemed a bit extreme :joy:

1 Like

I’d do as covert suggest and just do waters with calmag checking ins and puts til the ppms coming out get to about 1000ppm then start feeding. Might not take long at all after u get some runoff for a time or 2 might just push some of the old out or wet it to let the plant eat it. When she is soaked pick it up so u know that wet weight then dry as a bone u’ll know to set water days

1 Like

What should my ingoing water ppm be? 200?

Depends what u put in it. The more u put the higher the ppms will be. I do coco now so I feed from the start. Before I used ffof and water only for the first 3 to 5 weeks. I cheated second grow and started nites at 2 or 2.5 weeks and noticed burn a bit so watch ppm numbers and pH u’ll be good.