What your opinion

Yo @cyberblast,
I was just reading back through this. You can do that! most lights are flat, this in turn causes people to try and build a flat canopy to match a flat light.
I’m not saying that you are going to revolutionize the industry but that’s using your noodle.

There are many more proven ways but thinking creative like this leads to good things! I like it, sorry I didn’t see it the first time.

2 Likes

@Sirsmokes

Didn’t mean to bomb your thread either bro, ill back out of it so the topic can get back on your plant, which, I think is a really pretty plant bro. If she were mine I wouldn’t trim a thing off of her :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Hey bro you didn’t bomb my thread I don’t roll like that. If everyone gets on here and shares opinions and trial and error then we all learn something. Stop in and get as far off track as needed @TDubWilly stop by anytime check out my journal happy growing

3 Likes

Consensus in and not going to thin out or prune anythING out

6 Likes

Not worth the risk of messing up a good thing I’m nor going to lie this is by far the biggest girl I have personally grown. Sad I know but a personal feat for me

8 Likes

LEDs. 800 watts for 25 sq ft. I’m building a 900 watt out of COBs. That should help. Also using the same driverless COBs for side lights on this grow. They’re 100 watts each.

@TDubWilly
@cyberblast

2 Likes

I have some 15 foot versions of those strip grow lights. I wasn’t very impressed with the light output. Mine are 12v. They need to be driven at a higher voltage in my opinion

1 Like

I wouldn’t.

1 Like

That’s a Bad A light, I dig it.

If you’re selling them cheap enough I’ll send you a purchase order

2 Likes

Don’t be sad! Now that you have a “rythmn” your ladies will keep improving :+1:

1 Like

@OldSkunk The ones linked arent those DC strip ones, but are regular plug in. I am sure the voltage is cut down to power the led’s but these I think have a higher output. Will see. Am ordering a set to try. If they work well, could make a difference for a plant because they can be placed where the light is needed. Will see.

@OldSkunk I like those lights of yours that you are making. Been seeing those COB lights on amazon. Selling for 50 watt lights for 3 bucks each. No driver needed just a reflection or lense to concentrate the light more. Will run a link below so you can see what I mean. This isnt the exact one I was looking at but gives you the idea. Also found the cob lights you might have used.above…well not exact, but similar I guess.

https://www.amazon.com/Chanzon-Spectrum-380nm-840nm-Components-Hydroponic/dp/B01DBZI8RC/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1509777798&sr=8-1-fkmr2&keywords=driverless+led+cob

https://www.amazon.com/iPHD-Surface-Wardrobe-Dimmable-Driverless/dp/B07692C59W/ref=sr_1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1509777798&sr=8-1&keywords=driverless+led+cob

@TDubWilly Thanks for your opinion on the lights… I just hope they can make a difference. Am ordering a set to try out. Good price on them so easy to get. Just being able to place them where light is needed would be a huge help for sure. Long as the light is suffiecient to make a difference. Will see.

@cyberblast

Let me know what you think!

But I have a feeling this is what you will run into

I haven’t looked into strips much, but just like any light, you find one with sufficient power and you will get sufficient yield.

I’ve seen them on Amazon for around $6. I get mine directly from China for around $3. I can’t post the link, but you can find them on Banggood or Wish or Alibaba. The only problem is you can’t get much information on them. I don’t know why it’s such a big secret. I’m running a test fixture with 4 of them in it. I’m only using them on auto flowers for now. They put out a very pink light.

I found lenses for the COBs for about $2 each. They make a big difference in concentrating the light.

I’m also going to try a couple of those fixtures that hold 6 lights and 12w led spots with the diffuser removed

1 Like

@OldSkunk Thanks for the info. Will look into it. I did find one on amazon that put out a white lite at 6000 freq which is close to grow freq but would have to check it. It was going for about 9 bucks and then the lense like you show above were selling for 11. The ones I found anyway. Didnt do an indepth search at the time.

I saw a couple of those fixtures yesterday, included the heat sinks but then lost em and couldnt find them again. Didnt have time to do a good search.
I enjoy working on this type of thing. Was an engineer years ago. Forgotten so much since then. And am behind on the science and tech big time.

Keep me posted on your build. Will like to see it when you get it done. Will keep you posted as well. I plan on building one too.

The heat sink is around $12 on parts express. I was just looking at Amazon and could only find the 220v version. I am really poor money wise so I had to figure out a cheap way to make a good light.

That’s the label on the package for the heat sink if that helps

@OldSkunk thanks for the label. Helps alot. Yea, I am not one with lots of money. Wish I was. But that is life. Found that it was always better to build my own if I could. Had been looking into doing that but needed lights soonest because of the speed of my grow that I spent mney I shouldnt have. Now trying to get back in budget. I want to build a light set for both of my tents that will cover the whole area of both. And then side lights. Or bottom lights. I know driving the voltage up on those strip leds migth not be good way of doing it, but its a possibility. Going to get some so I can do some checking with them and see what can be done. A strip is cheap enough.

Thanks for the info again guy. Talk atcha later.

1 Like

I forget to mention that if you’re interested in the lens, just search for 44mm lens + reflector collimator. The sellers on Amazon are too expensive for that item. I paid $2 each with shipping back in May from China. All of them are from China.