What the heck is this now?

A buddy asked me about this, wth is this around the stem at the trunk???

4 Likes

I don’t think it is anything to be concerned about. When I add silicon to the nutrient solution, I get more and larger knuckles around the stems like that. I would take it as a sign of healthy stems.

It is very cool the way those stems are coming out of the main trunk at close to a 90 degree angle. That is a good thing for trimming and training, and you may want to get a couple clones from it. One of my present plants wants grow the stems close to parallel to the main trunk, and this is a huge pain in the ass.

3 Likes

I concur…

3 Likes

I thought they all had those “knuckles”? Both plants that ive done have had them. Seams like training the limbs downward puts stress on that joint and the plant beefs up that knuckle to keep from breaking. Thats just my first thought, there may be something else that causes that though. Makes the plant seam more rigid to me lol.

8 Likes

exactly …

5 Likes

Looks like swollen knuckles. The “bark” like appearance is, I believe, scarring from rapid growth. Like a body builder getting stretch marks. Now, I could be 100%, totally wrong, but it happens to mine often, and I don’t really have any issues.

4 Likes

When we’re not looking they work out getting ready for the next HST session and that’s the result.
Sneaky effers they are

4 Likes

My outdoor ladies can get some pretty good sized ones. :muscle::muscle:
Helps support the bud weight later on. :+1:

3 Likes

Those knuckles are known as branch collars. It’s the cells that start lateral branching in trees and plants. The best way to prune a thick branch with a collar is right up the start of the collar. It is the best way to get a clean healing on a wound. You don’t cut the collar.

5 Likes

Thanks for all the responce. I’ve releyed the info and my grow budy appreciates it alot.

6 Likes