Welcome to the Grow Support category

Okay now you’ve got me cofused…you are telling me this light is emitting light in the spectrum of 3000kelvin…so blue light ? Whereas the 4000k is a more red spectrum? So better for budding ?

1 Like

Please help what is wrong with my plants these are my first plants and the one on the left I believe just was too hot in the grow room and the other I’m at a loss

2 Likes

Sorry for confusion I am good at that.
Ok the one on the bake pan in the grow tent is 3000 k that’s the one I got the driver for.
The other board is a original HLG 100 4000k. The HLG 4000k looks like a blueish light. The 3000k 120 is more of a whiteish looking light.
I hope that helps

Picture is the home made light

I’m not sure if 3000k will do seed to flower by itself. That’s what I’m asking

1 Like

Sorry I stepped on your toes. Someone here will fix you right up :wink:

1 Like

Looks a little dry to me but don’t take my word on it.
Yea I’m not sure but the others guys might want to know a little more about it. Ph type of plant that sort of thing s

1 Like

I’ve definitely over watered her quite a bit I think honestly

3 Likes

@Onelife I’ve got to defer to @dbrn32 . I don’t want to give you bad advice. @Morganpost135 I messaged you on another thread…I need a grow support ticket from you, To start to unravel whats happening with your plants .

1 Like

NPthanks I trust your opinion

1 Like

Its just I thought the 3000 was adequate thru veg at least. And there’s probably been plenty of weed grown with that same light. Is it perfect??? I don’t know.

1 Like

But I am pretty sure if you try to run both of those lights at the same time in that tent you’re going to have light stress issues. As in way too much light. You see what I’m saying?

1 Like

If you pick up your pot is it heavy or light? How much do you water when you water? 1 cup per? 1 gallon per?
Also need temps and humidity
Air flow

1 Like

Yes I do that 3000k I was told is really bright with that driver the person had pictures of light running 48 compared to 120 and it doesn’t look near as bright as his pictures. I will send link to board and you can read description and I will send a difference in the amount of light

1 Like

I don’t know anything about the meanwell drivers. There is a adjustment on it maybe I will try that and see if I can bump it up some.
Should have just spent a couple more bucks and got this one

1 Like

I think that light has everything you need.

1 Like

@Morganpost135 your plants do look dry.

Thanks RightAway

Dealers choice, the difference in plant growth from 3000k to 4000k is minimal. In most cases if you were running 2 spaces with these lights you would put 3000k in flower and 4000k in veg.

3 Likes

Thank you.
I believe I have to get in that HLG120h 48a driver and adjust the current out because it’s not as bright as the pictures the seller had on eBay. I found a video that will help hopefully. I’m going to have to download one of the free light meters and then try and figure that out and see how much light is there I think
Video on how to adjust current. Will do that tomorrow light are out now. Thanks everyone. I hope that other guy finds out what is stressing his plants out.

1 Like

I think its really cool and incredibly handy that you took the initiative to build your own lights. I am not proficient in anything electrical that requires more than plugging into a socket. Sad but true. My experience with LED lighting is minimal.I always used HID’s until a year ago. Purchased (2) small 250watt Medic-Grow lights and thats where my conversion started. Now I run (3) Phlizon 9600 (2) 250watt medic grows and (4)1000 watt double ended MH and Sodium Vapor . To light a 14×14 room. I am learning right there alongside you. I have essentially doubled the grow size and harvest in the last year. Largely in-part due to the expertise of our fellow Growmies. My indoor skills have increased exponentially since I joined the Forum. And sooo much more yet to learn. Let’s enjoy the journey. Happy Growing :blush:

3 Likes

I would at least check settings for sure. They don’t usually come set to max out of the box.

1 Like