Water quantity per plant

I have 2 Sour Diesel’s and 1 OG Kush 3rd week of flowering. I have been giving them a half gallon every few days and they are 3.5 - 4 feet tall. Growing organically using California Super Soil. When I was adding the CA SS Growth Shot, I called them and they said I should only be watering 16 - 20 ounces every few days. Healthy plants now and I don’t want to ruin my garden if I reduce watering so drastically than I have been. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It’s not possible to prescribe a specific amount, as it will vary based on your unique environment (temps, humidity, light intensity, and so on.)

For a mature plant, water to runoff when you do water and then let the soil dry out before watering again.

4 Likes

Never ceases to amaze me how people can offer such incorrect advice. Based on what was posted, I woud think you are in a 3 or more likely a 5 gallon container. That is a gallon easy every 3-4 days.

1 Like

Me either. We unfortunately see a lot of misguided advice from these vendors. We see it in “the guy at my local hydro store said…” too.

1 Like

Thanks. Correct; 5 gallon fabric pots.
Doing great as far as I know

2 Likes

Those plants look great! If your current water practice is working, keep it up!

1 Like

If you have decent lights and a higher VPD your plants will drink a gallon a day. Mine do.