Was this a good size to top it’s an auto flower

Just wondering if I waited to long to top this Autoflower heard it takes a longer time to recover that’s why they top smaller

2 Likes

It’s not necessarily that it takes longer to recover, they just have a smaller recovery window. I think you done good, though. With autos, you good kinda get the topping and training done early so to get the most of that window.

3 Likes

I think this looks fine. Seems like you had about 6 nodes when topping.

Basically the first top should happen between node 4 and node 8. I prefer 5 or 6 but sometimes wait until 7 or 8 if the plant was stressed out at 5 or 6. I do not top stressed plants.

3 Likes

:love_you_gesture:t4::+1:t2::love_you_gesture:t4: appreciate the feedback!

1 Like

Thanks for the knowledge!

@Ganjababy
How old is she?..i JUST put mine in the ground ten minutes ago, roots were good, healthy, just growing so so slow, planted June 16, in solo cups, only up to 5 nogels/levels, only about 2 inches tall… hummm I just don’t think I’m qualified to do Autos LOL didn’t get my photos in the ground in time, so had to resort to the Autos …only my second Auto grow so I’m not in any way shape or form a seasoned Auto grower… my first auto grow I just Winged It, and that was a very weird grow… they never really seemed to do anything I harvested a little bit o bud from a couple, but I left them in the fabric grow pots, and just let the girls do what they wanted…nothing happened, so i just waterd and continued to nuke em…then it came around to what would be their SECOND GROW SEASON, and they took off??? just started to grow, grew a new stock off the sides, then butted like incredibly big lol after two grow Seasons literally started in February 1 year and harvested them the next August and I’m telling you it was some “bed lock” kind of stuff, I was hoping that that was going to be like the norm but from what I’m hearing it was a very very special grow …I’m wondering if I could do it again? if it was just a total fluke LOL has anybody else experienced this two season for an auto growing?

1 Like

My first time growing auto so I’m not experienced either I use California concentration super soil so I won’t have to add any nutrients!

1 Like

Sprouted on June 3 so about a month now

1 Like