ViparSpectra 600 LED

No, and yes. Mylar actually reflects about 95% of light. But for things like CFLs and T5s and LEDs, the light doesn’t penetrate far to begin with, so the reflected light is minimal.

Most people don’t have a whole room to use, so they use reflective tents and materials to help keep the light in one area. Like for me, I don’t use tents to necessarily reflect the light, I use the tents to keep the light in the tent lol. I grow in a secluded and sealed basement, so technically I don’t need a tent at all, but it’s helpful for me because I can have seperate tents with different plants/lights or whatever I choose. If I left the whole basement open and didn’t put up tents, I’d have to buy wood and drywall and build walls. The fact that Mylar reflects light is just a huge bonus for me. And it doesn’t make sense to put black Mylar up on the inside of a grow tent, so it’s a common sense thing to use white material or shiny material. In my opinion at least!

Gotcha. I was thinking light is right there above auto and side led panel so it’s got it’s light and thinking maybe removing reflective wall cover could maybe drop the temp a tad.

1 Like

Any recommendations on a good CFL?

I am building two cobs for side lighting for mt new setup.
It is only 1220 mm Wide 65 deep and 1850 high.
I have a Mars pro2 on the way for the main light
and I will place a cob in each corner for side lighting.
I have most of the parts I just need to get some cheap chips
CXA3070, cxb3070 or cxb3590 but these are still alittle aver priced atm.
The new grow area will be four or five cobs when I am finished.
Dont forget the LED cob light lower heat longer life and if run with the right
controller cheaper to run then current pre-mades

2 Likes

I’ve seen some great 150w-250w CFLs out there. I’m pretty sure someone is using them in a current grow too, just not positive on who! Apollo makes some nice ones too. I think they’re awesome for supplemental lighting, some growers only use them throughout the entire grow though. The best part of them is how close they can be to plants because they emit such low heat. I have 4 in my flower tent right now, and 2 LED bulbs I got at IKEA the other day for cheap. They’re all in the 2700-3500k range so I figured why not?!

I have a few cfls they work great
I have an 80 and a 120
plants love them
I was using the 120 in a veg tent up until I swapped it for a 300 mars
The so called 300 mars would make a great side lighting option and they use less
power then the cfl of the same size

1 Like

Damn a 300w CFL would be nicee!

never seen a 300 only 250s

I got a 125 CFL Apollo I think $40 for bulb reflector and hanger. But stopped using it as cabinet a little too cramped Something was making a clicking noise even when CFL was off. I think the reflector was too close too my led. Problem stopped when I removed it. Sucks too as CFL was and still is awesome. Just need a better cabinet setup

On vs spectra for a photoperiod You reckon I can run both switches while I’m still veggin? Haven’t gone 12/12 yet.

I am running both switches on my photos now. I started using both after 1
week of veg only switch.
Are you mothers going to be used for clones? I have 4 photos mothers I have
now. Keeping them in week 3 of the Fox Farm schedule. I also have 5 autos I
have growing nice as well.
I am liking the photos more than the autos now.

Hadn’t thought about clones. First try with photos

Somewhere(cant find) one goldhead write to VS600 must run all time both switches on, because his opinion was ,it draws same energy with both switches on like only veg or bloom.
HOW stupid is that? Nowhere to find what are electrical usuage separately. Together 272. If some1 knows let me know=)