Twelve1's Journal: Learning to LST with White Widow Autos, and first run with Grow Dots

Very nicely done, imo! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Thanks! It’s been great learning, and I’m looking forward to seeing how they grow.

Going forward, I’m leaning towards topping and then spreading out the branches. My next plants will be two sativa-dominant strains, so all the more reason, although the description on one of them says that the strain is more senstive to HST/topping. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :joy: I think I’ll just have to test it for myself; I’ll see, it will be after these are done, so I have time to figure it out.

1 Like

Then you should be good since you’re doing mainly LST… :wink:

Exactly. Just one, ONE, topping, compared to soooo many branches being tied down with LST. :joy: But seriously, is your comment in line with my comment, or are you strongly recommending not topping that strain?

I would do as you planned… :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

My secret plan on that strain is to top and then spread out the branches; is the plan of which you speak? (Well, it’s my plan, but you know what I mean, lol.)

OK, here is the exact wording: “Grow Tips: Generally easy to grow for all levels of expertise. Sativa dominant varieties prefer lighter doses of nutrients and this one is no different. Especially during the flowering stage, growers will want to go light-handed with the Nitrogen. Give her a chance to show off her natural structure and go easy on the training, as Sativas are more sensitive to stress.

So, it’s a bit different wording; it must have been a different strain that said not to do HST.

Yes!!!

And as long as you don’t shock her too much, I’m pretty sure you’ll be ok. :nerd_face:

When you lst, you don’t really shock the plant, imo. But if you HST, she will need more time to recuperate and that will lose you some growth/final weight…

2 Likes

My main concern is not killing the plants. :grin: Whenever I’ve read opinions to top/not top autos, I haven’t read about a plant being killed by it. :skull:

I’ve read some posts by folks who have had better final weight numbers with LST-only, so I understand that. My other plants were grown Christmas tree style, without a tent, so I might do better even with a stressful topping vs Christmas tree.

As much as I have enjoyed doing the LST-only (on Jedi), it “seems” that topping/branch tying “might” be simpler, so I want to see if that might be a better fit me, just being selfish and all, LOL.

Even if I LST just like I did with Jedi/the bigger plant, topping might reduce the congestion near the top of the plant, if that makes sense. I’ve mentioned before that the top of my LST-only plant has a several bud sites bunched together, which I trust will stretch just fine; right now, it’s still a bit of a jumbled mess in there. :laughing: So, that might a non-problem, but I’m still learning how this all works. :nerd_face:

Anyway, no need to reply, I’m just processing my thoughts. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

New font! :grin: A quick update, on the earlier side for me, as the cable guy is going to be out here anytime from 8am to 5pm, hurry up and wait, and I hope that’s the worst thing that goes on today. :sweat_smile:

Both plants this morning, pic taken with the light out, “yellow”-free looking. This past week, I’ve only done very light leaf pruning, but also I’ve removed four very small, lower buds on each plant, but at this point, I’ll let be those that are, especially that the undercarriages are fairly clean and bud-free. In a couple of days, I’ll remove a couple bottom-most large fan leaves.

5 Likes

Looking great! And I am waiting for FIOS dude, our whole entire everything is out. At least I have plenty of data while I wait…

2 Likes

Hope that your wait is over. Fortunately, the cable guy came out only 1hr and 45min into our potential day-long wait. He fixed the problem from his van, LOL, he didn’t know why it wasn’t fixed remotely, but he did come in to verify everything. Sadly these days, at least around here, it’s rare to get an intelligent, good-listening, competent person to the house for almost anything. My husband and I wanted to ask him if he could do handyman and plumbing work. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

He finally got here around 4, and he had to work in our garage AND in my growroom, which currently smells like a weed whorehouse. He didn’t bat an eye, but he DID lose the key to his truck.

Told you I grow some potent weed… Thank goodness he carried a spare key!

4 Likes

:rofl:

Ha! Maybe his rational brain was saying, “Don’t ask about the weed, be normal”, while his frontal cortex was secretly firing off, "WEED, WEED, WEED! NEED WEED! :space_invader: "

While talking, the cable guy was standing right in front of my “weed closet”, which stores different things, but despite the weed being tightly jarred, the closet emits scents like a dispensary because well it IS my own dispensary, and my grow room is starting to scent the house since my plants have begun to flower. Maybe that’s a big reason why he was so nice, hahaha. Kidding, he just seemed like a neat person.

5 Likes

I gotta give him credit, he was working about 5 feet from my tents. :woman_facepalming:t2:

And now I have his personal number - hubba hubba baby!

5 Likes

You two crack me up seriously!! :rofl::joy: that’s good that you guys both had cool cable guys lol be careful not to get to friendly don’t want to end up on a satellite in the pouring rain :nerd_face:

Seriously though I haven’t even thought about outsiders coming in my house… I would definitely have been nervous… there’s definitely no hiding it and mine haven’t even started to stink properly yet lol

3 Likes

Oooopsie, yeah. Uninvited guests tomorrow night at @Fiz 's house and my house:

Yeah, and sometimes outsiders encounter other concerning things. I told Fiz about the time last year that we had an electrical inspection. My plant was out in the open (in the corner, under a grow light) and it was in full flower. My skeleton, Ossi, was posed to stare at the plant, and also a very large resident spider decided to make an appearance (I like spiders, they eat bugs) when the electrical guy was here. Said spider was just above the top door jamb, and the electrical guy was well over 6’ tall. Before he left, he looked at the spider for a few seconds, which was only a few inches from his face, turned to us and then understatedly said, “That’s one gnarly spider.” Hahaha, it all cracked me up, gotta love year-round Halloween, intentional or not.

5 Likes

Love love year long Halloween :jack_o_lantern: :heart_eyes: :heart: :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Same! I saw this today on our local Nextdoor, I might need to introduce myself to this lady: :skull: :joy:

And, LOL to the folks who “WOW’d” and “Sad Faced” her comment. :rofl:

2 Likes

Lmao thats great!!

2 Likes

5 Likes