To water or to not water, that is my question

When you water do you get a good bit coming out of the bottom? The goal is 20% runoff to keep from nutrient buildup.

3 Likes

@The_Chef giving the good info. All I would add is. Donā€™t over water. You want to make sure your soil is almost dry. Have you fed any nutrients. The girl looks pretty good so far. Light distance is okay, and like Chef said. Temp and humidity become more important here. 72F-78F with humidity @45%-55%. A few degrees, or a few percentage points will not hurt you. These are ideal numbers. Also, make sure you have a fan on the plant. You donā€™t want to blast it, but just enough to where you can see the leaves moving.

4 Likes

I definitely havenā€™t had any run off. I tried today but I poured a lot of water and none came out the bottom. Iā€™m worried about putting any more. Since this is an auto flower, its been 63 days already. How much longer roughly until harvest time so I can be prepared? depending on how much longer I may just have to be without a humidity thing. Iā€™ll definitely get everything I need before the next grow

Just looking at the girl. Iā€™d say a minimum of 5 weeks until Iā€™d consider thinking about harvest. But, trichome development will dictate exactly. Youā€™ll want a 45X loupe to inspect the trichomes.

2 Likes

That is how I started. First I read and read for a week straight and then I picked about 6 people to help me that I had became familiar with and liked everything they suggested. These people have been with me the whole time helping me. Just keep it simple! A little water that is pH between 6.2-6.8 and lights on 24 hours for the 1st week of her life then lights go to 18/6 with a fan on low. Thatā€™s about it! Important thing is lights and pH water part! Only 2 thing you need! For now at least.

2 Likes

You should read this

1 Like

Trichomes will definitely tell you how long you have left. If the trichomes are were you want it. I would start feeding only water for 1 or 2 weeks that will be your flush period. Really try to find a kiss approach that will work 4 uā€¦ we r here 4 u if u need anything

2 Likes

Just for reference you have 2 really good people helping you. @The_Chef & @Duh-BanjoPicker are the 2 people I follow myself and they have helped me since day 1. They are great.

4 Likes

@The_Chef If you want to sell one let me know! That was so amazing of you to send her a light! Itā€™s crazy how expensive lights are. The biggest stress is cost of a GOOD light.

3 Likes

Hey bro. Iā€™m all about paying it forward. This community has given me a ton. Itā€™s invaluable my friend. I do have 2 more of those lights. Best place to exchange info is message me on IG. You can find me there. Itā€™s my name here and add grow 420. All one word. Iā€™m not allowed to post @ names :man_shrugging:
If you can cover the shipping Iā€™ll send you one :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

This is what I fed her yesterday. Im not sure how much is too much.

2 Likes

As long as youā€™re getting some good runoff Sis , you should be good :grin:

2 Likes

Iā€™m connected with Chef on IG - if you want, I can get your mailing deets from him and throw a couple autoflower Seeds your way. Theyā€™re experimental to say the least, but theyā€™re feminized.

6 Likes

@Graysin yes please. Thank you so much!

4 Likes

:beers: thatā€™s awesome!

4 Likes

So many great people on here! Absolutely love this forum!

5 Likes

Experimentalā€¦ā€¦sounds interesting! Lol.

What a gracious offer!! And awesome community to be a part of.

3 Likes

:joy: it is. I hope, anyhow! It was unintentional-intentional. I usually rotate my plants around the room so they get exposure to all the different spectrums of light Iā€™m running (some uv,IR, deep reds, blues, 3000k, 3500k) - and on the day in question I believed that the plant right behind me was a White Widow (target plant to make seeds with). What was actually behind me was a Samsquanch OG autoflower. So she got smothered from base to top in ILGM Wedding Cake pollen.

The resulting seeds are, thus, Samsquanch OG x Wedding Cake feminized autoflowers. Not what I was trying to make, but she made seeds all the same. :rofl::sweat_smile::v:

I hope the yield is more like the wedding cake and less like the Samsquanch. Between 3 Sammieā€™s, Iā€™m looking at maybe 80-100g (still trimming). The wedding cake netted around 200g and that was after I stripped her of all her seeds and pollen-producing flowers.

4 Likes

Interesting indeed. I wanted to do a similar test. Unfortunately, I was trying to use pollen that wasnā€™t stored properly, and my girl didnā€™t get pollinated. I had a great idea for a new strain, but couldnā€™t make it happen. Looks like I need to make a trip to Colorado so, I can get the strain and hope the buds have seeds in themā€¦ā€¦.like last time. :joy:

3 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl: what strain was that?

3 Likes