Super cropping ilgm autos?

My room is 8’6"tall…plenty of space. lol

1 Like

I am growing my 6th auto flower plant. I have, out of necessity, supercropped the main stems on all of them. I only did this initially as a plant was getting too close to my lights. The results were very good.

Since then, I have supercropped all auto mainstems and frankly, I do it 4+ weeks into flower with no ill effects, no stall, no apparent effect on yield.

I work the stem between my fingers until it is softer and pliable. Then I bend it over, anchor it with a tie and I avoid a full 90° bend so as not to jeopardize those colas. Everytime I have done this, the tops are turning toward the lights within hours (indicating no ill effect to me).

Good luck @monsterblackbass

5 Likes

Im diggin that!

You’ve gotten some good advice here
Autos can be tricky so having a grow or two with them to see how the react is a good idea as mentioned you can train them but you have to be spot on when doing it
The two plant in front are super skunk autos that i topped

3 Likes

I got a super skunk auto as areplacment for a rotten seed from an amnesia haze auto. Im excited to drop it but i got all these (20) Jack Herer auto that im stoked about. Im trying to stay away from multiple strain grows as the time i have available doesnt allow me to have a seperate nute schedual for different strain grows that may need more or less nutes here and there. Im still searching for a perminate edition to the room. My experience with ilgm seeds so far is that i feel like im in a pheno grab bag. Im getting crazy differences in phenos (some plants will be off the chart and some that im amazed its even the same strain they turn out soooooo differently. Im trying to find a run of 6 Ilgm seeds that i can finish with at least similar qualities in the flowers, smells and tastes. Herer will be my 5th grow exclusively with ILGM. Have you experienced this? Or being a moderator have you heard chatter about this from the ilgm bank? I know the phenos are going to vary (always have, alwats will) but so far the distance between plants in terms of quality is a little concerning. Same drop times, same nute regiments, same dry, same cure…completely diffrent results?

1 Like

I have seen some issues with autos
Both from Ilgm and other seed banks
Its normally with a Newbie grower having issues not sure if i could blamenitnon genetics or not
I really not a big auto grower tho I perfer my photo seeds

I use 3 gallon air pots… dont know about the kind you speak of…

Well i have spent the last year growing only autos and dialing my nute schedual in so im gonna write of the newbie growing possibility. Im a research junky. I reasearch then i ask practical application questions from those whom have experience with it then i decide if i will implement it into my grow. I was never on these sites as a new grower. I had a world of info at my fingertips (literally) to pull from. I joined the sites (this is the only one i use anymore) as a way to get real life experiences to improve my method and the comrodery is stellar!!! @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

Hi all. I have a few grows under my belt but this is my first Auto (Amnesia). I didn’t realize until too late that you aren’t supposed to crop them. I did so at about 10 weeks. Is there anything I can do to help her recover? Any way to slow down the process so my girl can still grow big and beautiful?

Unfortunately…not really. Maybe someone else has something?? I personally have never gone past week 7 but I only top a plant here and there. I’m not aware of any effective way to slow them down enough to make a difference. That’s the b**** with autoflowers tick tock tick tock tick tock @bruster999

You said crop?? Im sorry, do you mean top?? Please be more specific? @bruster999

If you mean super cropping @Screwauger experiences have been he’s been able to do it 4 + weeks into flower on an Autoflower with no ill effect. @bruster999 with the main stalk anywho

1 Like

Yes I did mean top. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you throw out a pic of it? @bruster999

@bruster999 @Screwauger @Countryboyjvd1971
@HornHead @Sweetsugar @Myfriendis410 @Seeddog

Hope ya’ll dont mind the tag. I only top a plant here and there so maybe someone else can leand better advice (as i would be prone to just cut the top off and let the other flowers feel the love) So,the auto was topped wk 10 not realizing that was not the best timing until after the deed was done, (See what dude or dudette @bruster999 says/asksabove, i guess?) Hope this helps you get a better answer.

Yup. First time doing auto and didn’t realize. I also have two other non-auto’s in the same small space (which is why I was topping) so I treated them all the same. Shame on me for sure.

1 Like

Oh damn, i would probably let her ride. Looks like you’re yet to start flowering by the pic. Week 10? She looks like there is alot of time left on her. On a side note. It looks like some canoeing goning on i would maybe back off the N a little.

2 Likes

When you said week 10 i assumed you had developing flowers. My bad

2 Likes

She may stall a bit but worst case scenario, you lose a little yield but she will recover and flower. Some growers top auto’s all the time (not me) but it’s pretty specific and it will stall them for a period like any plant. I do NOTHING to stall an auto (your results may vary) @bruster999

4 Likes

Thanks. I guess time will tell. I’ll try to remember to update this before harvest.

4 Likes