Starting from Scratch and Hoping to Learn!

I have the same one. Great tent.

2 Likes

Thank you! There are a bunch of Michigan people here now. Especially now that we can have legal grows!

1 Like

Yes. Definitely.
@BlackShirt is from here too, but haven’t seen him on in awhile.

2 Likes

What is your intended use for each shelf?

I’d like to have an area for seedlings (solo cup start ups) or possible clones. Maybe use the other area for teenagers or plants a little larger than seedlings, early vegetative stage?. Although since I’ve never done any growing at all, I don’t really know is that’s practical. For some reason I like the idea of having everything contained in a singe tent.

1 Like

I’m still kickin’ it in the mitten. I mostly just lurk these days. Life has gotten so busy. (Engaged now, and between the two of us, we have 5 kids - youngest isn’t quite 2, oldest is 17.)

I’ll post some pics on my thread one of these days.

1 Like

I can get behind this.

Easiest way is to grab yourself a 4 pack of something like the qb 120 or qb 132’s. Use 2 boards for each shelf and fab up some low profile frames so you don’t eat up alot of room. Then you can just buy different sized drivers for each set of boards.

2 Likes

I hear you we have a 14 and 11 year old. I’m going to do my best to keep our grow secret from them. I’m worried though because my oldest’s bedroom is right next door to where we are planning on putting our tent!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m going to have to read up and do some more research because I don’t have a clue how to buy each part bit by bit. I did order two HLG 260 XL today and I’m looking forward to putting those together. I was just going to get some decent T5 lights and call it good as they will be just seedlings but both you and Neo recommended the LED route so I’ll go with the experts!

2 Likes

Eucalyptus incense is your friend… (Lemongrass is a nice one for masking growing cannabis as well.)

2 Likes

You could do t5’s for that if that’s what you’re looking at.

1 Like

I had no idea! Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Would the led lights be better for seedlings or make them grow faster? I may opt for some cheap t5s and upgrade later after I’ve put together my HLG kits. Unfortunately the seedling light is going to be needed ASAP so I can’t wait. Alternatively I Could just grow under my tool bench fluorescents for now.

2 Likes

Not really. Spectral distribution on t5 is fairly similar to led as long as cct is comparable.

2 Likes

@MesialDrift i use a 2ft. 4 bulb T5 HO 65k light for my seedlings until they are big enough to put in my tent with my led light.

1 Like

Perfect. I’m wondering if I have space for a 4 foot long bulb since the depth of my tent is only 4 feet. I know with a ballast they will be a bit longer. Also with a width of only 12 inches I probably only have room for 2 lights instead of 4. I’ll probably just have to buy one and try it.

i just checked the width on mine it is 13 inches LOL

Thank you for taking the time to check @Deepsix. I wonder if I can wedge something a little larger in. Hopefully heat won’t be an issue. It would be a bummer to burn a hole through my tent.

I think you can wedge something a little larger the sides of the tent are flexable. They don’t throw off much heat i can place my hand on mine and it is just warm. here is a pic of my light it is in a closet where i germinate my seeds.The back of the light is against the wall where it is on 24/7. LOL hope this helps

2 Likes

That’s perfect @Deepsix! I may get that same brand - is it a Vivosun? Thanks so much!

1 Like