Somebody got to thirsty

My poddy mouth plant has been to thriving plant of the bunch. Its definitely gonna have to goto every day watering from here on. What is it i can add for the soil to retain water better?

6 Likes

Nothing at this point really. Welcome to the days of growing in the southeast during spring/summer… My plants will go through a gallon a day in soil during the hotter months…

4 Likes

Just start watering daily until i can get the auto watering drippers in place.

4 Likes

I have two plants around day 45 that are already taking almost a gallon each every day. I usually don’t get that until towards the end of the grow. Just go with it. The more water and nutes they’re taking the more potential you have for a nice harvest. What kind of auto watering system you getting or making?

2 Likes

Try cutting up some cheap sponges into small pieces and add to your soil. Its an old trick for indoor and outdoor alike

1 Like

It is a timed dripper system. I used it for the last part of my last run.

Placement might be different for last time. But the same system.

5 Likes

Peat moss? Vermiculite?

I like it. I plan on doing something similar with halos when I finally find a new place.

1 Like

I would transplant her if possible.

I hate to being as i just flipped it to flower. But if it keeps drinking this much i may have to.

I was so happy to see she came back to life for me when the lights came back on today.

1 Like

We need lows in the 50s and highs in the low 70s :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: another gallon a piece watered tonight. I think im going to graduate to 10 gallon pots after this grow. Amd i added perlite and vermiculite to the soil this go around

2 Likes

I like having to deal with the garden after work. Mornings can get busy, and i overlook things or make mistakes from rushing.

1 Like

Me too. Ill peek my head in before i leave and spray the dome down in the veg room before work. I dont really mess with anything until lights come on at in the flower room.

1 Like

Ha, I am always late to work because of playing with the plants. Always tell myself just do it after work. Nope, easier to say than do.

1 Like

My garden is at work. Tucked away in a cloest for now, the day its legal ill be building a greenhouse on the roof of my shop though.

2 Likes