Sheila’s Sow and Grow, a perpetual journey

Nothing terribly exciting but I’m good with that. The girls are in there 1gallon nursery pots until ready for there forever pots 15 gallon cloth pots with pro mix soil. Adding another tent to the mix a 4x8 will have 4 white widow
Running my 2 new spider farmer 7000 and 6 inch cloud nine fan
5x5 will have 2 train wreck and 2 double chocolate with my mars hydro TSL2000 x2 again and 6 inch cloud nine in cloth with soil also
4x4 will have 1 black Mexican+GG#4 with vivosun 4 inch fan and 1 TSW mars hydro 2000 may add one more we shall see

7 Likes

Looking good.
@SheilaT
Got some good strains going by the sound of it.
Double chocolate
Black Mexican to name a few.
I’ve got double chocolate on a wish list

2 Likes

Thanks @Blackmoon the black Mexican was crossed with GDP I double checked not GG4 oops sorry about that still sounds great to me though it went in a week behind the rest but will catch up in no time

3 Likes

Did you cross pollinate it yourself @SheilaT ?
I like doing that takes a bit of time and effort doing it.
I crossed my first gg with a mystery plant and got some nice terpsy off spring quite resistant to bud rot.
That some of my other strains got last year including gdp.
Was so sad seeing gdp flowers get savaged
They were the fattest colas I’d ever grown.
All my strains got hit.
Least was train wreck and my cross pollinated plant I call grx
We can get cold damp autumn’s here in nz
Other years its fine.
Take what you get as an outside grower I guess.
It was my first time I’d witnessed bud rot.
The year I had 17 strains growing
Cheers :beers:

2 Likes

No I did not. The person who did was kind enough to give me 3 seeds to try I accidentally damaged the one when it first erupted and it died.
I have crossed by accident my gorilla glue with my pink Kush. Pink had hermed on me i have hundreds of seeds from her. I only got about 10 pink gorilla seeds they were indoor different tents same room. Will they be feminized? @Blackmoon
Bud rot sucks I hope you didn’t loose it all.

3 Likes

Looking nice and green in your zone Sister! :+1::+1::sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

Not female no more regular watch for males.
Sadly
Very different process to get fem seeds
@SheilaT

3 Likes

Be a nice cross of strains though gg and pink kush
@SheilaT

3 Likes

I guess you’d get a pink gorilla lol

3 Likes

@Nicky @Stonedrus i was wondering if you could tell me if the 1000’s of seeds my pink kush produced will be regular or feminized or garbage? She had huge buds and then hermed on me when my fan died and the temps went up to 90 at least I think that’s what caused it was Barney’s farm genetics. The gorilla glue4 in the other tent same room had about 10 seeds I’m guessing I was the pollinator for them. Are they worth keeping?

4 Likes

90 degree temps should not trigger a herm unless it was already highly unstable to begin with. Most likly it was genetic, and I would not use the seeds as they will carry this trait forward. They would be unintended S1 feminized seeds.

5 Likes

I’m with @Stonedrus on this one.

2 Likes

Hi folks hope everyone everywhere are doing great. I have a little update on the 9 girls I have got going

They need a little cal mag I think. I ran out but have some on the way.
Happy growing

7 Likes

Time for a weekly update girls are coming along nicely

I’m in the process of setting up my new 8x4 tent have to go get some ducting tomorrow I want to be ready to move them in by Thursday except for the black Mexican xGGP it’s a couple weeks behind do to a false start with the first one
Running my new Spider Farmer 7000 x 2 at 650 w each using 15 gallon cloth pots again in promix using Advanced Nutrients line no CO2 I haven’t decided if I’m using passive intake or if I will use an intake fan. Any thoughts on what method of intake is best?

Work in progress

5 Likes

Passive intake usually preferred if you can maintain environmentals properly.

3 Likes

Minor delay I ran the lights and the fan for a trial go to check temperatures and it shot up to 38 in an hour. Fan on full and lights on 90% so that’s won’t do so plan B is to drill a hole in the wall to my pump room and put the Ballast in the other room. There is plenty of cord to do it and two screw and done. Hopefully that will solve the overheating problem in my tent and the under heating in the pump room and I can move ahead. There is an unused out side vent there already like it was meant to be and I will attach to it in warm weather. So win win I hope. Wish me luck! The girls are getting too crowded in the 2x2 with 8 of 9 ready to move into there big pots getting root bound.

7 Likes

Hopefully that will do the trick!

4 Likes

It did not I ended up adding another exhaust fan one on each end to get my temps down enough to turn my light up to 70% I’m pulling 650 w per light x2 spider farmer 7000 in a 8x4 using 2 6 inch AC infinity because I have them on hand is it ok to use two in one tent or will I need to buy a bigger one? Will have to get floor model AC buy summer.
Anyway I still have a few more to transplant but almost there ran out of soil have to hit the feed store Monday
Here she is

6 Likes

Have to hit the store by 4 to get more pro mix and finish transplanting. Just in time too the girls where getting to close to the light and staying wet on leaf because of crowding. They were starting to :persevere:burn. So glad we got a grip on the climate in the big tent. :crossed_fingers: Next to come :thinking:2 weeks training and then the flip. Oh and 2 more tents to set up lol

3 Likes

Looking great :+1:

4 Likes