Seriously… only 2 for 2024

I LOVE YOU MORE GROW BROTHER!!!

7 Likes

I know this is a long post so I apologize in advance LOL

Yesterday, I found the fate of my current job. but there’s good news at the end!

My boss has been complaining that I was making too much money and she said she was going to need to restructure my bonus and commission plan so she could afford me (wth x 3)!

Anyway, to make a long story short, she took away my health insurance, and my base salary and now I am 100% commission. I need health insurance. She didn’t have a 401 k and got md at me for taking 1 day off after being there for 5 months.

I got home and changed my LinkedIn profile to “Open to work” and, literally, within 10 minutes, I had 22 headhunters contact me and I haven’t even logged on yet this morning to see how many more. NETWORKING WORKS! But the best one was a former co-worker who I recommended to a previous job. She’s the VP of sales for the west at a great company and she called me within 20 minutes of me changing my status asking if I would be interested…

Needless to say, I’m not going to do any work today LOL.

My boss saw my linked profile change , she took a screen shot and texted me “Is this indicative of where we are heading?” :woman_facepalming: :crazy_face: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :rofl: :zipper_mouth_face: :yawning_face: :poop: :joy_cat:

15 Likes

Right on! Kick ass!

6 Likes

@GreggT I just wanted to express how deeply saddened I am for you, your wife and family. Wishing you all the strength and love to overcome this. :pray:t2::bowing_man:

6 Likes

I love it!! You deserve better and the cosmos is seeing to it. Congrats on being awesome!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sunglasses::metal:t2:

5 Likes

This is indicative that you can kiss my arse! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: salute :saluting_face: dinero :moneybag: amor :heart:!!! May you be blessed with all that you need and deserve sis! Probably gonna get that gig and leave the haters behind with their horrible choices! Thank goodness for networking!

5 Likes

Thank you my soul sister! It’s crazy but I’m trying to stay positive and leave all the negativity in the rear view mirror!!! I really just want to quit because I think I could still get unemployment with how it all went down. Hopefully I won’t need UI and I’ll just get a new job before then :wink:

6 Likes

This is indicative of the fact you don’t treat people poorly and expect them to be loyal! Good for you

6 Likes

So I have great news about Socks! He came by and ate three nights ago. It was hilarious… I put the food bowl on the very bottom step of the entryway and all of the sudden, on the security camera, his head pooped up, he looked around, grabbed a mouthful of food, then his head popped down below the step where I couldn’t see him… repeat that about 10 times LOL. Last night, I forgot to arm the security cameras but the food was gone so hopefully it wan him and not a racoon LOL.

I need to learn how to do the YouTube thing so can post the video :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I totally agree. I decided to quit today. I have the email all ready to go but I just keep running it through my mental filter first. I don’t want to work there anyway so I had to come to the conclusion that unemployment $$ is not as important as my mental health (although I think I have a good case). I think good things will come… they always do!

6 Likes

So true

5 Likes

That’s awesome! I knew he couldn’t fight the love. :grin::+1:t2:

With all the headhunters you had hit you up that quickly, I’m certain better things are on your horizon. Kudos for looking out for your mental health and future. :clap:t2::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks @Shadegrown and @AfgVet - so many life lessons are learned as we age. I believe if you are a person with a good heart and soul, the universe will always take care of you, even if there are hard times in between

6 Likes

Happy Versery Caligurl :beers:

5 Likes

HAPPY CAKE DAY caligurl…

5 Likes

Thank you @Bentstick and @Retiredoldguy!

5 Likes

So happy for you with new opportunities on the horizon and the wonderful news on Socks!!! Happy cake day as well!!!

4 Likes

Thank you @Jake3 !

3 Likes

Well hell. Happy cake day to you :cake: I am sure things will work out for you.

2 Likes

Thank you @Dforce !

2 Likes