Seriously… only 2 for 2024

I’ve got a nephew and his family in Rocklin, my stepson is in Sac’to and my brother lives in Carson City. Pretty area.

I was born and raised, lived up until four years ago in California. This was normal to me and it took my wife to point out that the rest of the country is just the opposite.

Our apple trees are blooming, the Serviceberry is blooming, we have lilacs in bloom, everything is just taking off now. Big boomer thunderstorms today which has the pooches hiding in the basement.

5 Likes

I lived in Marysville/Yuba City for a year during my marriage to the Air Force and to me the reason they called it the golden state is because everything goes golden dead brown in the summer… still a beautiful state though

3 Likes

One of my dearest and oldest friends moved to Traverse City a year or so ago.

4 Likes

Yup! It’s odd but I’ll take it over the snow… I really do miss the thunderstorms almost every day in Colorado.

3 Likes

I think it’s a combination of the golden hills in the summer, the gold rush, and the golden gate bridge

3 Likes

oh I know…just trying to be funny…

4 Likes

A little more lst yesterday. Haven’t checked on them yet this morning but they really took off in just one day after their first ‘physical therapy’ session LOL

And I finally dug out my copper wire and will make a few of these:

8 Likes

Electroculture! Supposedly it really works. I need to try it.

6 Likes

I’m going to try it! I’ll try it on my tomatoes and my sacred plants… 50/50%

8 Likes

If it’s any of the other people online that posted about it, you should see a difference between the two. I think it works. I’ve seen too many other people talking about it, for it to not work.

5 Likes

3 hrs South west of me!! Nice area but damn is the westside busy, just like big cities but only smaller areas, I work (carpenter)over in Petoskey / Harbor Springs area North of your friend is where the money is at and lots of it!

4 Likes

So yesterday, all the gals got 1 gallon of water divided amongst them. I added recharge, Epsom, about 1/4 dose of both BB and GB. Did a little bit more PT then before lights went out, they got their first BBP spray! They won’t get an more nutrients for a while… only stuff like microbes, minerals, fulvic/humic, etc…

Here’s a group shot in the tent this morning (they are already sitting outside now)

My last batch of Kombucha turned out pretty good. I started my second batch yesterday and put waaaaay more ginger in and about 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne (for 7 bottles). And, yes, that flower pic is real! My ice flowers do this most of the summer :hibiscus: :hibiscus: :hibiscus: :hibiscus: :hibiscus: :hibiscus:

12 Likes

I have yet to try making kombucha, I hope yours turns out!
How much sugar do you put in? The commercial quantities of sugar is all over the chart, even with some that have none in it. (Less the better)

2 Likes

Do you provide a list of initialisms or should I have been paying better attention when you started and listed supplies? :wink::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I’m just messing with you Caligurl. I got the gist. Their close proximity to each other and me being high just made it funny. :joy:
The plants look amazing!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I’m sorry… I’m sorry… it’s me. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
You’re into kicking a$$ so deep you don’t even realize you’re doing it. No wonder your flowers look cgi. :joy::rofl:
Much to love to all of your beautiful garden! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::pray:t2::bowing_man::sunglasses:

2 Likes

So for 14 Cups of water I use 1 Cup of sugar. Now the yeast feeds on the sugar which reduces the sugar way down. That’s why if the first fermentation goes too long, it basically turns into vinegar.

I use this for my recipe and it’s turned out very well. I’m happy to share my thoughts or help you… it’s so easy!

Upfront cost is for this:

1 gallon glass container (I used a 1 gallon mason jar) - $10 - $50 (depending on what you use… I just bought KombuchaKeg that has a spigot and it was $45

Either a store-bought SCOBY ($9) or a few bottles of regular, not pasteurized, non flavored kombucha ($9)… hard to find but I found it by looking on Insta-cart for stores around me.

Black tea bags

Sugar

6-8 flip seal Grolsch-style bottles (I actually used the Grolsch Beer bottles (Hubby drank the beer LOL)

Seedling mat (optional)

Stick on thermometer for the jar (optional)

That’s it!

5 Likes

LOL… you are cracking me up again…

BB - Fox Farm Big Bloom
GB - Fox Farm Grow Big
BSM - black strap molasses
BBP - Bud Bruster Pro

buahahahaha… maybe they really are cgi :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

@Nip here is my journal for 2024. I make a new one each time butI’d love for you to tag along!!!

5 Likes

Thanks Caligurl much appreciated the recipe. I need to try and make this to save a dollar, and reduce chemicals from outside sources. They’re everywhere. I consciously limit the amount of aluminum cans I consume from. ( I know they’re coated in plastic in the inside but now we’re talking microplastics) it all adds up.

4 Likes

Thanks for getting me up to speed. :joy::sunglasses::+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks for the invitation @Caligurl Im aboard :partying_face: Let’s Grow!

3 Likes