Seeds in Rockwool

Cant wait 4 it.

3 Likes

Gonna be fun watching those 3 lil girls…

2 Likes

How I prefer my life too

Congrats

2 Likes

Harvesting the remaining pollen from the Wedding Cake auto. Gonna let the buds go a little bit longer but it’s time to get the pollen outta the grow room. White Widow is ready for babies, and I can see a few are gonna get goin’ on Frosted Jungle too :v: Glad for that. Gonna be a weird world of seeds. Frosty is one I can stabilize

13 Likes

Nice look at chu becoming a breeder

4 Likes

Hah, I wouldn’t go that far. Just trying to make a few seeds is all. It’s ultimately all on @Mr_Wormwood - he wanted a little Billy Idol in his life :joy:

3 Likes

BOM voting is now open

I’m not in the running this month but my boys @Alaska420 @Syndrix and @JiggaMan1987 are all strong contenders.

I ain’t gonna tell you how I’m voting, nor how you should vote, but just that you should vote. :v::100:

11 Likes

@Graysin good looking out growmie. Btw, how u liking those one ounce grove bags? I got the same size bags, can’t wait to use em

3 Likes

Thanks for that! Good luck Alaska and Jiggaman

Is that just a bunch of pollen sacks that you are messing with?

3 Likes

@Graysin yeah I didn’t even realize what u were doing. So do u store the pollen somewhere? Cuz this is the stuff I can’t wait to start doing once I mess with photos

@Syndrix thanks growmie

3 Likes

Yup. Cut them from the plant and am shaking it into my pollen sifter, then scraping the flowers into it and giving them an extra shake.

Probably should. It’s gonna go in a vial for now. Not sure about long term storage.

For the record it’s feminized pollen from a Wedding Cake autoflower. So no need to wait til you play with photos. :v:

I don’t use em as much as I thought I would. I feel like I’m always grabbing the 1/4 and 1/2 lb bags when I’m actually putting my harvest away :joy: good problem to have. But honestly I love all my Grove Bags. They’re incredible.

7 Likes

@Graysin nice, so those little calyxes on the main stalk and branches is what ur collecting? That’s so dope, I wanna do this. And then when u have the pollen u just sprinkle it on another plants buds to make hybrids? Teach me please.

4 Likes

You can do a lot of things. A qtip dipped in pollen strategically applied to specific bud sites. Or shake it out on the plant. Or don’t harvest at all, just flower them together. I did that for the first month or so to impregnate most of my room. Now I’m ready to move back to bud making so I needed to remove the flowers. Figured i may as well keep the pollen for future stabilization of the White Widow cross, who is my real focus.

I don’t know much yet. Just kinda going for it. @repins12 @imSICKkid @Hellraiser and many others probably have way more information than I do.

6 Likes

@Graysin bro I appreciate what you’ve given me so far. I really didn’t think it was possible to do this with autos for some reason. Still a rook so idk no better :joy: I’m absolutely collecting some pollen off these for sure. I’d luv to cross this GG4 with some GSC or some of the photos I have.

4 Likes

Just gotta get some colloidal silver or silver thiosulfate to “reverse” your females into feminized males. I suggest STS over colloidal but everyone has their preference.

6 Likes

Ok, so when do u start giving it the silver? Early in veg, late veg, early flower? How much are u giving? I’m gonna look it up and order it.

3 Likes

I think it’s a foliar spray. I’m pretty sure Amazon has it. They have everything else so why not this? :laughing:

I’m interested to see what this experiment yields honestly!
I suppose the resulting seeds would also be autos?
I’ve got some reg seeds both from bags and breeder freebies so I’m hoping to get a male there I can do a little playing with on the photo end of the spectrum.
I would like to avoid the stress option for producing male flowers, but the possibility of a higher probability of females is enticing…
Maybe next season as I’d like to do it outdoors and bring the pollen inside selectively. I don’t want to have to clean the tent that thoroughly! :rofl:
I don’t think I’ll have time this year…

4 Likes

Started at the transition (it’s an auto, so somewhere after late veg). The STS I used just says once every three days. Worked like a charm. Just follow the instructions on whatever one you end up with. They know what makes their product effective.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N5PJLR6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_50SGJ9MMYTA6GKN1Q3YE

4 Likes

That’s something I’m unsure of. My white widow is a photo, so mom is auto and mom 2 is photo.
I expect there’s a 50/50 chance.

I do have an auto who was pollinated- I expect that those resulting seeds will be 100% auto. Especially because they are both stable (ish) genetics - Mephisto and ILGM.

5 Likes

Maybe I should order another breeders regs to mix with the Ethos.
I’d like to breed the Ethos back to itself of course, but it would be interesting to cross it with something else too.
My current best candidate is Pineapple Upside Down Cake bagseed. But how true or close to the original genetic profile I have no idea!
Originally the strain is from Humboldt Seed and was available as reg with fem coming just last year. It was just last fall I had it - one of the last bags I actually bought - but I’m assuming it came from regular seed that hermed or they had a hidden male in the mix somewhere. I just have no way of knowing.
Maybe I should find some more stable genetics to play with my Ethos! LOL!

4 Likes