Second Grow: LSD, Blueberry, BC99 Fast in Coco; Aurora Indica Auto in AutoPots, Help Wanted

Thank you. As a newbie without the grows under my belt, I am in sure how well the ladies are doing, so your compliment is appreciated.
Fingers crossed I keep them between the ditches and successfully in “the bag”.

1 Like

Thank you Skippy. I think I may have fixed the climate… At least for now. Remodeled their tent. Pictures tomorrow. I’ll fix the world’s climate later in the week.
Your results from your first two grows are very impressive. I suggest your efforts measure up to or surpass most everything I see on my screens. Then lastly, your third grow off to a great start.
I tip my hat to you! Cheers.

And here’s the short fat Aurora Indica Auto
I like ‘em like that…
These two girls are crazy the way they are growing. Like fuzzy octopi.

Day 81, flower 37

5 Likes

Concerned with humidity in the 2.3x2.3 Mars Hydro tent. The colas are very close together on these, almost like a feather duster.

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 1.59.39 PM.jpeg

RydWU&th=1

The girls are described as producing “extremely compact, resin soaked golf ball sized nugs”. Breeder goes on to caution about high RH levels. See how this goes, but at this point my determination is no topping or fimming of this cultivar if I were to grow it again. Breeder recommends SOG, but I am not sold on it yet. I have seen very little of that on this blog, but I think I saw a YouTube guy doing it.
So, remodeled their home. Moved the fans, new light, supports for some colas.
Anyway, looking pretty cool, in my inexperienced opinion. Hoping to get them successfully to the finish line.

5 Likes

Looking gorgeous! Regarding the humidity, are you running a dehumidifier? If not, maybe add a fan under the canopy and point it up through… Any way you can use some bamboo stakes to gently encourage some separation?

1 Like

I was going to suggest the same thing. It looks like he has below and above canopy fans which is what I would do.

@jd77 they look killer! what is your current humidity in there with lights on and off?

The bamboo stakes @Newt suggested is a great idea. If it’s late in flower, I have no problem pulling them apart a bit using gardening twine to increase airflow. Actually if I’m being honest, I ran out of twine and just use dental floss. :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks Newt, yeah trying to encourage separation will be tough. Especially on the short one. She’s just so short and compact.
The taller one, perhaps I can spread her out a little. Right now I just have those Fiberglas stakes in there to keep them from leaning over, but perhaps they should. At least somewhat. I’ll ponder more on that particular issue.
Dehumidifier in the room, however it hardly ever runs at this point. Humidity is in the high 20s low 30s in the room almost all the time.
One thing I didn’t mention earlier, I think the biggest thing I did in the remodel was fully open all the vents. Two of the three were partially closed. Turns out mostly closed. Pulled the flaps off and the humidity dropped 10 points. Staying in the 40s now.
In my box of failed purchases is a mini dehumidifier that would fit in the tent. I may put it in there and see what happens, but if it stays in the 40s I probably won’t. Besides, I think the little one only works in very high humidity. When I used it before it did almost nothing.
I vote retire sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

I’m outta likes :monkey::briefs:
Brother your knockin it out the park!!! Keep doin what your doin it’s workin well for you. If humidity isn’t a problem then you have no worries. But I would do some hand strengthening exercises to get ready for trim jail! :wink::sunglasses::+1::+1::+1::+1::v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Thank you.
The humidity stayed in the 40s until an hour or so ago it was into the low 50s. That would be light-dark-light. I raised the T4 in the tent from 5 to 6. See how that goes.
Getting cola separation on the fatty may prove a challenge. Right now I am thinking of fashioning braces from electrical wire to wedge between branches and push them apart. Still thinking…

I appreciate it, Dman. Means a lot.
Being new, I don’t dread the trim yet. Probably after this grow. First and only dry trim of my one plant took somewhere around 15 or 20 hours overnight. Grueling, and I even fell asleep a couple times, but I got her done.
Not sure when harvest will occur. I am guessing a few more weeks. With this grow I think I noticed things occurred rapidly, unless I missed it. Like LSD #2 exploding her buds. So I will watch the trichomes every couple days. These I believe are two very different phenotypes so I suspect they may ripen differently.

1 Like

I can almost guarantee it will be different harvest times. :wink: Keep on keepin on Brother!! :+1::+1::+1::+1:
:giraffe::lips:

1 Like

And By the way I prefer wet trimmin! Dry trimming is a bit*h! I did it once and never again. :wink::sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I will likely try a wet trim this time. My thinking in Oct was slow dry is best to rid the plant of chlorophyll. Since, I saw a new Dr Bugbee video talking about bro myths. He says the half-life of chlorophyll is 48 hours and a slow dry makes no difference. After drying and curing for a couple weeks, it is essentially undetectable. I will watch it again, but he may have said trichomes are better preserved with a faster dry.

1 Like

BOM is open pharmers!

Is that what you wanted? :thinking:

1 Like

Yes :+1: Thank you :pray: Dan you the man! :wink::sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:
:monkey::briefs:

1 Like

Just my 2cents on trimming. Wet trimming is easier BUT… if you like hash, dry trimming is the way to go. I wet trimmed for 30 years. I dry trimmed the last couple of grows and came out with 3 1g hash pucks. Hardly anything from wet wet trimming.

So, being I grow only for myself, I have a decision to make. Wet trim for ease and sacrifice a bit of flavor and potency or dry trim and get some hash and preserve as many terps and potency as possible. My decision is based on using dry trim with a Cannabrush makes it easier, but also knocks more trichs off for hash.

My plan going forward is likely to be anything I want to smoke or vape, will be dry trimmed for hash and max terps. Anything I plan to make edibles out of will be wet trimmed. That seems to give me the best of both worlds. :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

I appreciate the information. Makes sense. Great system you got going. I’m still at the point where just hoping to get a successful harvest. Haven’t gotten into making hash or edibles or any of that. Only herb for smoke. Not that I don’t want to, just all I have right now is a couple ounces. If I get to stock up, I’ll be there with you. Definitely want to try canna caps I they are called. Is it Newt that makes them?
Learning as I stumble and bumble along. With my initial harvest, I was doing minor trim before drying and quit using my nifty trim bin that I bought, because it was uncomfortable in the chair I was using. After quite some time I noticed all the lost kief everywhere sticking all over the place. So finished up using the bin and collected quite a lot. Never had a chance to try it, I spilled liquid into the bin.
I did collect what I got from the dry trim. Not a lot, half of a 35mm film canister.
Can’t say for certain but I think more kief came off with the initial minor trim than in the final dry trim. Perhaps she had tons of dried trichomes on her sugar leaves, as she’d been collecting them for over 14 weeks when she came down.

Worked on spreading the colas out on the Aurora’s. Probably have to work on it some more.

3 Likes

I can tell you are going to have a successful harvest my friend! They look beautiful. Soon enough you’ll be on your way to “why are you growing more plants? Don’t you have enough right now?” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::call_me_hand:

When you’re ready for the other stuff, lots of great people here to help.

2 Likes