Scrug, new build, indoor, hydro, Lucas formula

1st batch I did was 4 different mason jars, about 1 1/4 oz each, but then combined into 1 silicone dish, won’t do that again, about hour 42 and looking like at least one more day.
So I did two more batch’s, 2 oz each batch, keeping them separate until finished.
1st new batch is in the dish, I did 3 coffee filter strains as it was darker then the first time, and had a little more plant material in the filter, but it’s strictly edibles so probably won’t matter.

The 2nd new batch is still dripping through the magical strainer lol. It’s also darker, but that’s ok.
So two batch’s about 8 oz is evaporating, and the last 2 oz batch is still straining.

If this works and I like the end result, then I have about 4 or 5 pounds of shake left to do. Liquor store is going to think I’m crazy :joy::joy: and I might just be

7 Likes

Looking good Mad Scientist Man :rofl::joy::rofl::joy::green_heart::metal:t2:
I think I’m catch a buzz off the off gassing :grin::cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

I dig it :metal:t2::green_heart:
The growers version :muscle:t2::wink:

2 Likes

I know every time I walk into the shop kitchen, the fumes from the 190 give me a buzz

4 Likes

@Mntmannw @StonedCold13 check out the DIY build

Lots of other good extraction info on the site as well

8 Likes

Thank ya ma’am :+1:t2:
Right up my alley and I’m half way there since I have a vacuum and a chamber :grin:
Bookmarked here and on site :metal:t2::green_heart:

4 Likes

My 1st scrape ended up with 7 grams of qwet, started with 2 oz of Black Widow. 1 wash, 3 filters. It was a pain scraping in off the silicone tray. Ended up getting a sharp filet knife, angling it just right not to cut into the silicone tray, which good thing I had t partakes yet or maybe the silicone tray would have gotten sliced a few times :joy::blush:. The process isn’t bad, just getting it out of the silicone was a pain. Wondering if the press would be better for my style?

4 Likes

Following along with great interest. Only thing I know is that Black Widow is about as good as weed gets ,imhonsto . I’ve been growing it for years now. Still some of the most Beastly weed I’ve seen. Happy Growing :blush:

2 Likes

Got the 2nd 2 oz of Black Widow done, and most of the 6.4 oz of Black Widow. Total so far 26 grams of qwet, thinking maybe 1 or 2 more grams left, but that’s just a guess.
Biggest pain is scraping it out after the 190 evaporates, and the cost of the 190. Locally I’m paying $59 for two 1.75 liter bottles.

3 Likes

$59 knocks the budget around…better be some good good when its done. Not to mention the cost of the grass…pan of brownies $250…lol…

2 Likes

Just got totally done, 29 grams. Each gram will make 30 gummies @25 mg each, so that’s 870 gummies. Weed was just my trim and sugar leaves, so really that didn’t cost me anything. So not adding in some other things I bought it comes out to about 7 cents per gummy

3 Likes

Yeah I was thinking top shelf , trim is free…would the process work on keif ???

2 Likes

My understanding is it will work on anything with THC. The more THC the more qwet finish product.
So if you had some weed that’s 25%, and some at 15%, and you did the same amount of each you would end up with more weight from the 25%. Potency would be the same as 1 gram of qwet is about 750-800 mg’s

3 Likes

Now I need to do some math, but not tonight.
When I make my gummies my old recipe using 1/2 cup of infused MCT oil I would end up with about 55 gummies. Now with using qwet, the 1/2 cup is gone so I will end up with less gummies, I’m guessing about 30, but not sure. I will be able to figure out the potency after I’m done by dividing the # of gummies into 750. And I can adjust future batch’s to hit the potency I desire. OR I can just not be concerned about it and if they are strong, enjoy life, if weaker, take two lol

3 Likes

I find the whole process very interesting. I am contemplating b uying a decarboxylator. Do you have any thoughts on this ?

2 Likes

I always have thoughts, not always right.
I have one, only due to the wife not wanting the house smelled up all the time. It holds about 1 oz at a time, takes one hour to run, and no smell, it’s all inclosed. I like using it as I leave it in the shop kitchen, walk away and if I get busy with something it turns itself off after the hour is up.

2 Likes

Well thank you Mt.Man, I will be getting one as money’s become available. Your thoughts pretty much made up my mind. Set it and forget it , is the way. Thanks again my friend. Happy Growing :blush:

2 Likes

Day 51 since flip, thinking about 2 or 3 more weeks.

5 Likes

I’m thinking my next line up after this will be Lemon Phylos, maybe double the amount of plants so I can take a short break after that one.

3 Likes

Phyllo’s they say does not have as many side shoots, mostly main stem, about 4to 5’ tall. So I’m thinking same lighting, and two or three times the amount of plants.

2 Likes