Rugar's World: 2017/2018 Winter Grow

Solid looking plants bro, hopefully that chill doesn’t set them back any.

As far as chocolope colors, not sure I would sweat them too much yet. But keep an eye on ppm levels too.

3 Likes

BBA1 looks delicious! I don’t think it’s related but both of my BBA’s went through a funky couple of weeks where they wilted every day independent of anything I did or did not do. It was strange. Great growing @Rugar89

3 Likes

2/24/18 Chocolope Feed Day

PH In 6.3 PH Out 6.3
PPM In 1050 PPM Out 1160

Added:
Medusas Magic 2 tsp
Gaia Mania 2tsp
Athenas Aminas 2 TBS
Demeters Destiny 1 tsp
Herculean Harvest 2 TBS
Zeus Juice 1 tsp
Aphrodites Extraction 1/2 tsp
Per gallon of water
Bloom Khaos Sprayed @6.4 PH

Same amount of feeding and water as 3 days ago minis the recharge.
Almost didn’t get enough runoff this time to take readings with the 2 gallons of water as usual, so she is taking up just under a gallon a day now.
Center of net growth is noticeably darker green now compared to just three days ago.
Leaving the lights alone until the next feeding in three days, and if all still looks good and shows more improvement in color, I will start turning them up some more.

@dbrn32 @Usmcjojo

8 Likes

Thanks Bro.
Quite a contrast from last summers BB grow with the super high tent temps.
They didn’t mind the 100 deg. temps, but they didn’t care for the low 30s at all. Kinda like me! :rofl:

Now that I’m kind of starting to figure these NFTG nutes out with the help from @Usmcjojo, Ive really started considering giving some AUTO Pots a go next, and its yours and @Blasting fault! :wink: Only thing really holding me back is having to figure out another line of nutes, and I would also change to Pro Mix for the medium which I haven’t tried yet. But I keep thinking a AP grow under these lights would be off the charts!

@Screwauger

5 Likes

Hey @Rugar89
That’s great. I am getting nervous with so many going autopots (but I think it’s great).
I was just over at that other site that has a forum devoted to autopot growing and my recent results
are consistent or better than most doing auto’s in autopots.
IF you chose to go the Advanced Nutrients PH perfect nutes, there are several that are using them so lots of experience around. Exciting stuff. @Blasting graduated from the Screwauger orientation class and has bolted to advanced autopotting 503.

5 Likes

Thats the kind of fault I can take :smiley: I think AN nutes are kinda for something into my grow but these pots sure are worth it! They have been on autopilot for 3 weeks now, just been filling my reservoir and watching them grow like crazy, no ph adjusting (AN), only looking at PPM, no dealing with runoffs no hand watering… this is the best of both world, easy to use and performance wise it sure does it!

4 Likes

Looks like you have her dialed in!

2 Likes

@Daddy
Here is where Im at right now feeding every three days, and adding recharge every other watering.
Probaly going to put her in flower this weekend.
PH In 6.3 PH Out 6.3
PPM In 1050 PPM Out 1160

Added:
Medusas Magic 2 tsp
Gaia Mania 2tsp
Athenas Aminas 2 TBS
Demeters Destiny 1 tsp
Herculean Harvest 2 TBS
Zeus Juice 1 tsp
Aphrodites Extraction 1/2 tsp
Per gallon of water
Bloom Khaos Sprayed @6.4 PH

4 Likes

@Usmcjojo @Daddy

I havnt checked PPMs after adding each nute to see which ones are the factor in raising it. If either of you know I would appreciate the help. If not next feed is tomorrow night and I will check PPM level after adding each one in.

2 Likes

BBA #1 from my phone clip-on. Hard to see much. But my little Microscope shows 50/50 clear and cloudy, with no amber yet. No way to take a photo using it.

8 Likes

2/26/18 Chocolope

SCROG net is 33" x 33"

13 Likes

I would have a hard time complaining about feeding her lol. She’s a monster!

3 Likes

I think Im going to put her in flower this weekend. She shouldn’t have any problem filling in the rest of the net when she starts her stretch. Then add a second tier to the frame.
She really hasn’t got as big as I thought she would. These are supposed to be huge plants. I thought all the cropping, fimming and topping kept her short and bushy, but @raustin Chocolope is also fairly short and really bushy as well, but not sure how much training she has done on hers. But as soon as the light schedule is switched, I think she is going to grow like crazy!

6 Likes

Can’t say as far as strain, I have no experience with it. The thing that wants to stick out to me is that in a scrog a lot of that stuff may be counter productive. You’re stalling a little every time you top right, and you’ll naturally get a lot of those bud sites anyway as you train into net. The lowers come up, and all your secondary and sometimes tertiary branches try to take the place of the main if it’s regularly tucked. When you top to a canopy that large and dense, you end up removing a lot of those branches that would otherwise at least have a chance at being tops.

No big deal either way. You certainly have a nice full canopy there, and that’s what you’re looking for.

4 Likes

Im sure I went a little overboard on her from the start. I just started growing last summer and have only grown autos up to this plant. So this is my first Photo plant and my first SCROG attempt. Now I have a little better idea what to do next time. She has been in Veg for way to long now.
I really want to attempt this again, but right now I torn between another SCROG grow, or a 4 plant AUTO grow in Auto Pots. The results that @Screwauger got in his Auto Pots was just amazing. Im thinking Auto plants in Auto Pots, under these lights would just be a killer grow!

6 Likes

That sounds killer! Those auto pots are cool. Some day maybe… after these finish and I switch tents m, I’m gonna start 3 White Widow autos.

2 Likes

And I also have another option. I do have my 3x3 tent fully up and running now with the Mars Hydro,but as soon as I can afford another light like @MattyBear has for his 3x3…:thinking:

Also planning to take a couple clones from the Chocolope when she flowers for a Monster Crop outside grow this summer.

3 Likes

Ya no worries. You don’t really know until you try, you can only read so much.

From the looks of it, you’ll be successful regardless. @Screwauger definitely tearing it up with the autos in his setup. I don’t think he would have any less success with photo plants though. It’s simply a matter of what you want to do. I’m not super familiar with the autopots, but they’re just a top fed drain to waste system right? I would imagine you could get similar results from a any of the hydro methods, or potentially diy something on a small scale to try it out.

I guess my point is that you have the room to do whatever you want. Maybe instead one way or the other, you can try a smaller scog and 2 autopots on the same run?

2 Likes

I also ordered a 4" exhaust fan/filter for my 32"x32" drying tent last night to replace the one I had to rob from it for the 3x3. Thinking between the two BBAs and the Chocolope, Im gonna have a fair amount to dry in the next few months.

1 Like

Hahaha, make it rain!