Round 2x2 ❄️ North to Alaska

Gardening is great they say if ya can grow a tomato plant yoi can grow anything all look ing great HotRod

6 Likes

Are you talking about coco bricks ? If so , shelf is fine…make sure and rinse it well before using…the companies all say triple washed but I like to make sure…I’ve trimmed thousands of coconut palms in my career, all of it went to recycling centers, whoda thought…lol…coco is awesome ,use what you have for sure…I grow lotsa buckets , and have found the above mixture to be on par with coco if used only once maybe better and then given to the garden to recycle…the peat keeps the ph low for a single grow…you been fishin? Last night 12 hours for nothin but 3 big dumb gar…fish just refused to bite…Happy Growing

5 Likes

Thanks B!!! :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Yes bricks.

We went sunday and caught 34 spots and largemouth. They are done hanging tight on boat docks down here. Squarebill for the win!

6 Likes

My dad ran this on his last grow with roots uprising, roots terp teas, ferti-fulvic plus, and hygrozyme. It wasn’t the prettiest grow but I think it was more of operator error (or just being lazy) more so than any issues with the products. He got plants to harvest anyway, and I’m nearly sure anyone here could be as or more successful.

7 Likes

You know @dbrn32 I am thinking about doing a grow using the promix /perlite media in 3gal cloth pots with wicks. Have you any experience with wick systems ? I am thinking this may solve the salt build up issues I have with top watering. Any thoughts ???

6 Likes

I haven’t. You know the old guys that are kinda stubborn and go the long way around because they are comfortable in what they do? I’m one of them lol.

In a peat based mix you should be able to tweak your nutrient concentrations and feeding frequency some to combat rapid buildup of nutrients. I knew a guy that used dynapro foliage pro probably 10 years ago that said he fed plants in soil every watering. But it was a really low concentration and then every second or third watering he would add some other stuff to bring the concentration up a little. His plants never looked bad, but was much different than I was doing at the time Feeding a high concentration and then following up with 1-2 straight watering. More than one way to be successful for sure.

If you build out a wicking system take pictures and start a journal with a little tutorial on tthe process. I’m sure some would find it interesting and useful.

6 Likes

Very interesting @dbrn32 . Thank You for the info. I am gonna talk it up amongst the Growmies before I settle on a plan. We have a forum of Awesome MJ growers. Gonna pick a few brains before going all in. As always You are a wealth of knowledge . I used the media on the last 2 grows with GH nutes and a formula I found here on the site. Every 3rd watering was plain water. As I look back the formula is good but maybe a bit heavy. Worked good but still a little heavy by finish , IMHO…thanks again for your help…Happy Growing

5 Likes

Should i just cut my losses and start over or is there still hope?? Tomorrow will be 2 weeks above ground. Still a little new growth everyday but i dont ever remember having a seedling act this way. The 2 little starter leaves are cramped up against the first true leaves. I thought maybe to much light but im running less than 300ppfd.

3 Likes

I’d cull that little lady personally…

here are some at 10 days from germination. Could she be overwatered? The medium looks soaked and there’s green mossish looking stuff on the soil which suggests a steady state of being wet? I water these usng a 5ml pipette for the first little while.

7 Likes

I’ll suggest a transplant and allow it to grow the first full set of adult leaves and reconsider at that point. If you really want to keep that one. If you have others of the same, that one may be considered for culling. They bounce back to life sometimes after a transplant.

6 Likes

Thats more of what id expect it to look like at this stage.

@Covertgrower ive got 4 more of those seeds. Ive got another strain going for a friend. I may highjack one of those and drop another bean for them.

The soil i used it garbage but i had good soil ordered and i hoped the crappy soil would carry it to transplant but it aint looking great.

I could transplant now and see if the FF soil makes her perk up but only being able to run one plant at a time i cant really afford to chance it haha.

Had an OG kush seedling pop out of the peat moss today. Already looks healthier than this one :neutral_face:.

Id hate to put another month in this one and end up having to restart lol.

4 Likes

Completely understandable time wasted. It’s not that much space though. That one is clearly the rougher of the bunch. Crappy soil does that sometimes, I say transplant and I’ll bet she’ll turn around awesomely.

5 Likes

I guess i can give her a shot lol. Like you said, they aint taking up much room anyway. I think im gunna transplant like you suggest. I have another one that popped a taproot today. Im gunna transplant them both this after and drop one more see just to be on the safe side. If they all live one of my buddies will get 2 instead of 1. Im sure he would be fine with that :sweat_smile:.

4 Likes

Well got them transplanted and 2 more seeds soaking. I did 2 because one looked like it was cracked open and the other was kinda pale. Maybe one of them will germinate.

Might have made a bob-boo. I had ordered a pack of Dynomyco for transplant like i always do. Normally the little packs i get are granules but this was like a dust. I sprinkled some in the hole i was transplanting into and on the sides of the hole. It looked kinda funky but i didn’t think much of it. Until…

Ever seen anything with runoff that looks like burnt motor oil :flushed:.

Got to reading the pack of dyno and they have changed it. This one says spark and to dilute it in water.

Yall just thought that seedling looked rough before lol. Id be surprised if it was standing in the morning. Im gunna have to look into the Dynomyco again. I just reordered what i bought before but i dont like the new formula dust.

8 Likes

I been using Trifecta Myco from amazon, works well can tell on the ones that I skip, (forget) to add it to.

4 Likes

Ive used the Dynomyco grains on every grow and idk why but i feel like it really makes a difference. Not sure what such a high concentration is gunna do but we shall see lol. Ill probably mix it with water to drench the soil in the 10 gallon pot for final transplant on whoever is the lucky one i keep lol.

6 Likes

Respect to you my brother…! :saluting_face: You are a good friend…!

3 Likes

It’s beneficial fungi and bacteria, I don’t think you can over dose on that thankfully. I noticed the change, but it seems to work the same.

6 Likes

That is good to hear!!

5 Likes