Retirement Countdown Grow

Thanks Arrow, not gonna lie, this grow is exciting.

6 Likes

Sickoberry looks primed to produce some heavy colas. Nice job!

3 Likes

Do you start your seeds straight into coco and treat it as normal from there, or?

2 Likes

I do the water soak, then damp paper towels until I see a tap root and then into Cana coco in a solo cup. At about 2 days above coco I start giving them an ounce of Jacks 321 at full strength around the edge of the cup. I do this for a couple of weeks and then transplant into a 1 gallon bag and start watering just until I see run off, just to ensure they’re good and watered

6 Likes

At that point do you start watering daily.

3 Likes

Yes, I start daily from the first water. A couple of times I’ve let the solo cups go a day and a half 2 days because the looked to be plenty wet. Once they’re in the bags I go daily

4 Likes

OK, on next grow I’m switching to coco. I keep hesitating to switch,probably because of the daily watering. But I realize that I am checking my plants daily and with that pump that you recommended and jack’s it wouldn’t be a big deal to water daily.

5 Likes

I was hesitant as well because of the watering. But now I find I enjoy my watering sessions. Gives me time to look them all over , tuck leaves etc. and with the pump the actual watering takes minutes.

I’m only familiar with Cana coco, it’s what SickKid advised me to use. No buffering required. Just hydrate the blocks with a full Jacks solution.

4 Likes

You guys used bricks right ? I might try that next instead of buying 10 bags. I used Canna also bc it comes pre washed. So just tap root directly into the coco.
However I did learn dampen the coco first bc if not it would soak some of the water up and seed would adjust and end up buried deeper than I wanted lol

4 Likes

Yeah, the bricks

1 Like

Sick O Berry and the Cherry Bomb x Chocolate Thai. The CBxCT has developed like crazy just since yesterday’s pics. She’s going to stack nicely I believe.

5 Likes

3 Likes

I think the Sick’O’Berry will have a little room in between the nodes. Which I like because it makes for rock hard nugs. The solid cola plants always seem a little larfy in spots. Hopefully it’s like 4 golf balls leading up to a hand grenade style bud. Looks great though!!

4 Likes

Thanks for the photo! About same price as bags. Bags just have 10l more. I’m going to try reusing mine also to see if worth my time or just replacing every time.

3 Likes

That’s for two bricks. It’s around 21.00 per 40L brick. So that’s 45 for 80L

1 Like

Ya pretty similar. I paid I think 20 a bag of 50L from my local store.

2 Likes

I paid around $13 locally for the canna brick.

2 Likes

Damn, I hope NA2 produces some killer bud for you! Pressure is on(me not you)!

3 Likes

I’ll take golf balls and hand grenades!!

2 Likes

I’m sure they will! Been a little unruly with spreading them out under the screen but the first one is spread now and letting her reach for the lights. The 2nd one is a little behind, it was a replacement for a late showing male, but she’s coming on well

4 Likes