Psilocybin Adventures

Very nice flush!

1 Like

The key is having the patience to let your cake be fully colonized and completely covered in white mycelium before fruiting.

3 Likes

Completely agree! Btw, check out this banana, harvested it yesterday.

6 Likes

The vast majority of shrooms you will encounter are plisocybe cubensis. It includes common strains like Z, B+, golden teacher, and penis envy. There are; however, many different types, including cyanescens, azurescens, and mexicana.

3 Likes

One tub had a few shrooms with matured caps. There are a boatload more that should be done by the end of the day today. Neither cake is contaminated, so they will be soaked overnight for a 3rd flush.

More pics later today or in the morning.

5 Likes

Happy harvest indeed! :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks, @Jspeach. Good morning.

I am the most excited that there is no contamination in either tub and that I can go for a 3rd flush. I rarely get much past the 1st flush.

4 Likes

Nicely done Sir!

2 Likes

The last of the 2nd flush. The cakes are soaking for a 3rd flush now.

5 Likes

The last of flush 2 is dried. Sixty-six dried grams total from the 2nd flush - enough for ~5 months of microdoses.

6 Likes

The tubs have no contamination and have been drained and put back in fruiting conditions. I am leaving town for 2 weeks this Friday and a 2nd or 3rd flush usually takes a week. I’ll have to harvest whatever the tubs are going to put out on Friday morning. I doubt there will be fully-formed fruiting bodies by Friday.

5 Likes

Morning y’all! Still going……almost done tho, I’d say less than a week. Ish.

This guy takes the fully colonized cake and fruits it out of the bag. He puts it on top of a soaked puppy pee pad (soaked with water) inside of a tub. Makes sense to me cause the bag seems restrictive. What do you think of fruiting this way @MidwestGuy

2 Likes

Growers fruiting solid cakes often place the cake on a piece of foil. I’ve rolled my cakes in vermiculite to help them retain moisture.

4 Likes

I had to leave town early and just threw out the cakes. Planning on inoculating more popcorn jars with LC when I get back in 2 weeks.

4 Likes

Just spawned a new batch to bulk myself :grin:

5 Likes

The community lost a great advocate a few months ago. Roland Griffiths headed up psychedelic research at NYU/Johns Hopkins Medical Center. He conducted research on psilocybin and its uses in treatment resistant depression, addiction, PTSD, end of life anxiety, and a number of other mental disorders.

4 Likes

So i think im about 40 days in today how long you guys think i got til i can fruit her

4 Likes

Wait until the cake is completely covered in white mycelium. Yield will be disappointing if fruited too early. I’m guessing another week to 10 days to fill in that not colonized.

3 Likes

morning @Bking6968 here is my bag that started 1 April…almost fully mycelium now…broke up and mixed one time at about 45 days…

5 Likes

Anyone interested in this ride? @MidwestGuy and if you know any others would you tag them? Purchased 3 cakes. Golden teach are the attempt. Been one week since injection of LC. I seen on one of your post you said to wait till it’s complete covered in mycelium. Instructions say 30%. Better teals off 80%? I’m going to leave them in the bag for fruiting. Unless it’s actually worth getting a monotub. Just poking around with any interest of helping along with this ride. Btw @MidwestGuy I appreciate all your help amongst others to milkman’s blue dream NOT turn blue.

3 Likes