Psilocybin Adventures

@Jspeach is Gorilla Wizard a cubensis type strain?

As far as I know. I actually ordered different syringes than I thought. I was looking at golden teachers and PE. Ended up with gorilla wizard and Vader….

1 Like

Yeah as Midwestguy said no home is safe from contamination. You just want to get it temporarily sterile while you work. Lysol or Ozium, gloves, mask, 70 percent iso.

Honestly I’d just follow Midwestguys tek. Easy, cheap, straight forward and it works. I used the 15qt tubs for bulk substrate and it worked perfect.

3 Likes

I talked with the wife last night. Gonna have to wait a bit longer before I can get all the stuff. I have a shroom savings account so will drop a bit o money into it until I have enough.

I appreciate the info and early guidance to all who have offered advice. Will keep you posted here when I am good to go.

4 Likes

7.6 grams from my first harvest. Not too bad I guess.

The other one. These guys are cool looking!

4 Likes

It’s fun to see you all be successful.

4 Likes

Thank you for your help. I started my micro dose journey today.

5 Likes

Fantastic. My microdosing journey has been absolutely life changing.

5 Likes

In case any of y’all are in the market I thought I’d share. :v:(do syringes have a shelf life?)

2 Likes

I’ve stored syringes in the bottom drawer of the fridge for 3 or 4 months without problems. I don’t know about longer than that.

I’m beginning to prefer maintaining LC jars. I’ve had jars that I started months ago that are still going strong and the popcorn jars that I inoculated with LC are growing out much faster than inoculating with spores.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I was confused on the diff between LC and Spores. Google and 5 hits cleared it all up. The analogy they gave was using cannabis babies; a spore syringe is like a seed and the LC is like a clone.

They said with spores, there has to be 2 that match that can mate and start the process whereas with LC, the mycellium is already started. Nice read. They also said shelf life in a perfect enviro is about 6 months.

3 Likes

Great research and great post.

Thank you for that. I wasn’t sure. I was thinking that the limiting factor might be food for the mycelium. I put a tsp of Karo syrup in each jar for food, but it’s bound to be all consumed at some point.

Exactly!

2 Likes

I cant wait until it’s my turn. Played Powerball, Megamillions and Lucky 4 Life earlier this week did not win. Dangit.

3 Likes

morning growmies…yea I made my contribution as well…

3 Likes

@MidwestGuy is that a veil that I don’t want to let open?

1 Like

It is a veil, but it’s not a matter of not letting it open. The optimal harvest time is around when the veil breaks. It’s fine if it breaks before harvest.

4 Likes

Thanks for being a walking encyclopedia for all of us! :+1:

4 Likes

Gonna try it differently this time. After the grain is fully colonized it’ll go in my mono tub. :crossed_fingers:That’s assuming the 2 grow bags in the tub are done by then and then I need to figure out the substrate, I still have time.

4 Likes

Where did you get the micropore patches to put on your tubs?

1 Like